COMPLETE Doodles: the sunshine boy by Emma C. Dowd-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

aniroo wrote: February 9th, 2019, 4:53 pm Section #14 PL Grand <OK> :clap: :thumbs:

I love the subtle way your voice changes for different characters. :D

Thanks,
aniroo
Thank you! :mrgreen: - I just wanted to ping you in case we'd edited over the top of each other. As you were replying to my last post, after PL on Chapter 14, I edited it to say that I'd put chapter 15 up too :D I don't know if you have time to check that now, but don't worry if not, there's time aplenty to do it!

Many thanks again for your work on here. It's appreciated :D
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 15 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Had me worried for a moment. Was mother going to be alright? Whew !

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hi guys.

Just to keep you up to date, I'm a little behind on my work right now. Chapter 16 is really long and it's quite complex - my teeth keep tripping over themselves and I've made a right pig's ear of it more than once. I think for now, I'm going to hop over 16, carry on from 17 downwards and come back to 16 when I've recomposed myself.

Be back soon,

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: March 12th, 2019, 10:35 am Hi guys.

Just to keep you up to date, I'm a little behind on my work right now. Chapter 16 is really long and it's quite complex - my teeth keep tripping over themselves and I've made a right pig's ear of it more than once. I think for now, I'm going to hop over 16, carry on from 17 downwards and come back to 16 when I've recomposed myself.

Be back soon,

J.
Thanks for keeping us up to date. I've had the same thing happen to me. There are some words I just can't get right.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Yeehah! I finally managed to complete Chapter 16 after having a good long break and doing nothing whatsoever other than reading it over and over and over until I could practically recite it from memory. Even then, I still had to edit it a little, but it's pretty darn good if I do say so myself :mrgreen: .

I've popped the link up into the MW, Aniroo, so if you can check it out as and when you have time, that'd be cool :)

I'll catch you soon!

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

SEction 16 only has a few tech issues, but it was read with such pathos. I was weepy eyed :( when Doodles was talking to the mean lady with the feather in her hat. :clap: :clap:
PL Notes: 1. The beginning silence was a little longer than 1 sec and it should be less than 1 sec. and the end silence was less than 5 sec. It should be 5 sec. You can generate silence in Audacity. Then you can specify how long you need.

2. at about 18:47 you read "she began discreetly / indiscreetly I was able to just delete the "discreetly" and it sounded just fine.

Thanks,
aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Thanks for the notes, Aniroo :) I'm dealing with those issues now. I also noticed that once again, I'd muddled up the silence and the speech at the end. MaryAnn told me right back at the start, the silence comes after all the speaking is done. I've fixed that now too. I'll reupload and make any changes to the track length in the MW when I'm done.

It took a lot of trial and error (mostly error :lol: ) to get that track done. At least I didn't fall over my own face too much!

Hopefully, the reuploaded version will do the job properly. The start and end have been corrected, as has the discreetly/ indiscreetly error.

All being well, next chapter will be up tonight or tomorrow.

See ya!

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm Thanks for the notes, Aniroo :) I'm dealing with those issues now. I also noticed that once again, I'd muddled up the silence and the speech at the end. MaryAnn told me right back at the start, the silence comes after all the speaking is done. I've fixed that now too. I'll reupload and make any changes to the track length in the MW when I'm done.

It took a lot of trial and error (mostly error :lol: ) to get that track done. At least I didn't fall over my own face too much!

Hopefully, the reuploaded version will do the job properly. The start and end have been corrected, as has the discreetly/ indiscreetly error.

All being well, next chapter will be up tonight or tomorrow.

See ya!

J.

Sectio 16 PL OK :clap: :clap:

Beautiful edit, seamless. Bravo!

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Onwards we march, getting nearer and nearer the goal! Only another 7 chapters to do!!! :clap:

Been a bit busy for a day or two, or this one would have been done and up sooner. Chapter 17 is now available in the MW for you, Aniroo, as and when you get time to run through a PL on it. I have had to do very little editing on this one, but it was a toughy to record. You'll find out why soon enough...

Best wishes, hope you're doing ok :)

Regards,

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: May 9th, 2019, 1:53 pm Onwards we march, getting nearer and nearer the goal! Only another 7 chapters to do!!! :clap:

Been a bit busy for a day or two, or this one would have been done and up sooner. Chapter 17 is now available in the MW for you, Aniroo, as and when you get time to run through a PL on it. I have had to do very little editing on this one, but it was a toughy to record. You'll find out why soon enough...

Best wishes, hope you're doing ok :)

Regards,

J.

Section #17 Pl OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

A very emotional chapter. :shock:

I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Section #17 Pl OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

A very emotional chapter. :shock:

I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

aniroo

Excellent. Very pleased to hear it! I miscalculated the other day - it's not 7 more chapters, it was 10. As of today, that goes down to 9 left. Chapter 18 is up for you in the MW to have a listen to when you get the time! I've got a few days free to do nothing, so I'm hoping to get a couple more done before Friday. I've just previewed Chapter 19 and it looks to be quite wonderful, no spoilers though!

Take care :)

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #18 PL OK ! :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Making good progress with the book. Every chapter a delight.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hi again :)

Right. I got held up during the week doing family things, so I didn't manage to get the desired couple of chapters turned out. I managed one though, and it was brilliant! Chapter 19 is up for you to PL as and when, Aniroo, no rush - but I'd have some tissues handy just in case you begin to leak happiness while listening :)

Have a great day / night, I'm just about to go get some z's before I fall asleep at the computer!

Take care,

J.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: May 17th, 2019, 2:15 pm Hi again :)

Right. I got held up during the week doing family things, so I didn't manage to get the desired couple of chapters turned out. I managed one though, and it was brilliant! Chapter 19 is up for you to PL as and when, Aniroo, no rush - but I'd have some tissues handy just in case you begin to leak happiness while listening :)

Have a great day / night, I'm just about to go get some z's before I fall asleep at the computer!

Take care,

J.

Section #19 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

Very Touching chapter. He finally gets a wheelchair - then some bullies take it, then a fight, all in a single chapter !
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Cool. I'm glad to be getting on with this better at last. The project's been open for almost two years, and I'll be glad to get to the end and see it in the catalogue!

I do however, have a problem. I've come to read through chapter 20 to start recording, and I've come across something which I can't decipher - it looks like some kind of little kid's rhyme or a poem, or possibly a silly song. The problem I have is this - I have googled it to death and can't find any single reference to it.

So my question is this - how do I include it in the story? Do I read it as plain text, as a rhyme, or what? Basically, do I have artistic license to interpret it the way I want, or do I have to do something specific with it?

This is the text: (see page 214 of the book if you have access to the PDF)

"Whimwham, rock or wiggle!
Whimwham, whoa!
Whimwham, mock or giggle!
Whimwham, go!"

(Doodles tries to repeat this, so I have to do it twice, but he messes it up, Blue doesn't.)

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010