Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

3 covers caught and linked. Thank you both :D

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Caught ... and linked. Thank you :D
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Hi, I can't claim with librivox.nl, I add my name, I click confirm, but nothing happens.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

What if you refresh and then try ? If that still doesn't work let me know what you are trying to claim and I'll see if I can ?

Anne
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

annise wrote: May 19th, 2019, 7:17 pm What if you refresh and then try ? If that still doesn't work let me know what you are trying to claim and I'll see if I can ?

Anne
Hi, I did it.Still doesn't works.
I'm trying to claim "Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder ... "
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can't either - I PMed Bart and he will add it when he is home. But if you and I both can't no one else will be able to so it's yours.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

caught.. and linked. Thank you :D
Anne
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

The cover for "Stupor Mundi" by Lionel Allshorn can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/Salvationist.zip

Sorry for taking so long on this one! May has been an uncommonly busy month for me.

Might someone be willing to add biographical information to Lionel Allshorn's author page? He was a Welsh historian who was born in 1887 and died in 1913, which happens to be just one year after his only book, "Stupor Mundi", was published. His obituary can be found in the January 1, 1914 issue of the Sheffield Daily Telegraph: https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results?basicsearch=lionel%20allshorn&exactsearch=false&retrievecountrycounts=false&newspapertitle=sheffield%2520daily%2520telegraph
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Salvationist wrote: May 20th, 2019, 9:48 am Might someone be willing to add biographical information to Lionel Allshorn's author page? He was a Welsh historian who was born in 1887 and died in 1913, which happens to be just one year after his only book, "Stupor Mundi", was published. His obituary can be found in the January 1, 1914 issue of the Sheffield Daily Telegraph: https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results?basicsearch=lionel%20allshorn&exactsearch=false&retrievecountrycounts=false&newspapertitle=sheffield%2520daily%2520telegraph
Thanks! I've added the info. I can't access the newspaper you linked to, so I'm going from what you wrote. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Stupor Mundi suitably covered - thank you :D

Anne
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Salvationist, TriciaG, and Annise!

First of all, thank you for the beautiful cover for "Stupor Mundi"!!

As for the biographical information, I came across that, too, and extensive search revealed nothing else.

I don't think that that Lionel Allshorn was our man. He was only 26 and the author seems much older. So, for that reason, I left the biographical information as unknown.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson