SOLO St. Bonaventure's Life of Our Lord Jesus Christ by St. Bonaventure

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Eduardo
Quomodo autem posset aliquid permanere, nisi tu voluisses?
aut quod a te vocatum non esset conservaretur? -- Wis 11:27
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 12 is PL OK!

Not quite as fast a PL this time - I saw it last night, but was about to log off, so saved it for today. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

You still seem to catch them before they hit the ground!

I just now realized you're the one who recorded the books by Fr. Francis J. Finn that I enjoyed so much. . . . Thank you for recording those and so many other great books!
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you for your kind words! There are still a whole bunch of unrecorded Fr. Finn books, if you are so inclined! :lol:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

I would love to do that. . . . Maybe after finishing this one, if I live long enough!

In the meantime, here is another short one: Chapter 13 - https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/stbonaventureslifeofjesuschrist_13_bonaventure_128kb.mp3

Duration = 12:02

Happy Easter, by the way!!!
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 13 is PL OK!

Happy Easter to you as well!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

I can't believe it's been almost a month. Life has been busier than I thought possible.

Anyway, here is Chapter 14, at last: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/stbonaventureslifeofjesuschrist_14_bonaventure_128kb.mp3

Duration = 21:47
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Time can go fast! Chapter 14 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Thank you!

Just finished listening to God Goes to Murderer's Row, by Fr. M. Raymond. What an inspiring story. Thank you once again for making these books available.
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

You are welcome. And thank you! I really wish I could get back to recording, but for various reasons I don't see that happening in the near future. In the meantime I get to proof listen to books like this and try to run group projects to still help get some good books in the catalog!

I have a pile of links to Catholic books scans that I have dug up. Someday I intend to categorize them and post them in book suggestions!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Posting a comment to let the world know I am still working on the next section.
Eduardo
djherr13

Post by djherr13 »

It is great that you are recording this. Keep up the good work. :thumbs:
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

djherr13 wrote: June 10th, 2019, 3:27 pm It is great that you are recording this. Keep up the good work. :thumbs:
Thank you! It is proving to be more difficult than I thought, but it is teaching me a little humility (which by the way is the author's favorite topic!).
Eduardo
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Here at last, is Section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/stbonaventureslifeofjesuschrist_15_bonaventure_128kb.mp3
Duration = 34:07

This, by the way, is the second longest section in the book.

Maria, when I read I always seem to introduce all kinds of pops, smacks and clicks, which I normally edit out. It seems to me that I have become a bit obsessed with rooting out these extraneous noises, and as a consequence it takes me forever to edit. I figure if I keep this up, I will literally not live long enough to finish this book. To speed things up a little, this time I have decided to be a little less obsessive, and let some of the clicks and funny noises alone. My hope is that most people will not notice them, as some amount of noise is to be expected in a vocal recording.

As you PL, would you let me know if you think the level of pops and clicks is more or less acceptable, or whether I should go back to being more obsessive? Thanks as always for your help!
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: June 14th, 2019, 10:41 am Here at last, is Section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/stbonaventureslifeofjesuschrist_15_bonaventure_128kb.mp3
Duration = 34:07

This, by the way, is the second longest section in the book.

Maria, when I read I always seem to introduce all kinds of pops, smacks and clicks, which I normally edit out. It seems to me that I have become a bit obsessed with rooting out these extraneous noises, and as a consequence it takes me forever to edit. I figure if I keep this up, I will literally not live long enough to finish this book. To speed things up a little, this time I have decided to be a little less obsessive, and let some of the clicks and funny noises alone. My hope is that most people will not notice them, as some amount of noise is to be expected in a vocal recording.

As you PL, would you let me know if you think the level of pops and clicks is more or less acceptable, or whether I should go back to being more obsessive? Thanks as always for your help!
15 is PL OK!

I honestly did not hear any pops, clicks, etc. The only thing I heard was a minor amount of what I guess what you would call pops when your breath hits the mic at "p's" and such. Personally I would remedy that by speaking a little to the side of the mic or some people use a pop filter. However, it is very minor and I would not worry about it. I only mention it because you asked. :-) We tend to be our own worst critic on things!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks