Post by Lynnet »

Moved to Readers Wanted.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

A Modest Liking for Liverpool PL OK
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: May 17th, 2019, 10:53 am If you add text suggestions to the first post, they won't get lost in the thread 8-)
You are wise, without a doubt. Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

KevinS wrote: May 17th, 2019, 11:31 am
Lynnet wrote: May 17th, 2019, 10:53 am If you add text suggestions to the first post, they won't get lost in the thread 8-)
You are wise, without a doubt. Thank you!
:lol: Just been around the block a time or two.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm bumping this just to see if there is any interest in a collection like this one. (I always found travel literature to be fascinating. Especially the work of Jan Morris, but of course her work is still out of our reach here.)

Perhaps I should just fold this reading into the more general short non-fiction category? (Hahah! There is one, right?)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Give it time. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to catch people's imagination (especially when they have to hunt down their own texts).
Of course, you could incorporate it if you wish, but I wouldn't yet 8-) viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74648
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: May 21st, 2019, 9:52 am Give it time. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to catch people's imagination (especially when they have to hunt down their own texts).
Of course, you could incorporate it if you wish, but I wouldn't yet 8-) viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74648
Okay. Waiting is good.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Question:

I am preparing a section for submission to this collection. I have noticed that in the file naming you have a section number.
Usually, in collections of this kind that is not the normal way a file is named. We usually put the author's name and/or our initials.
If I am the next to submit would you want the #2 as that is the next opening in the MW? Often, I have noticed the when cataloguing the finished collection the MC changes the order of the submissions so mine may not stay #2. Could you clarify please...

Thank you.

BettyB
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BettyB wrote: May 25th, 2019, 7:25 pm Question:

I am preparing a section for submission to this collection. I have noticed that in the file naming you have a section number.
Usually, in collections of this kind that is not the normal way a file is named. We usually put the author's name and/or our initials.
If I am the next to submit would you want the #2 as that is the next opening in the MW? Often, I have noticed the when cataloguing the finished collection the MC changes the order of the submissions so mine may not stay #2. Could you clarify please...

Thank you.

BettyB
I'm so pleased that you will be adding to this collection. I can't wait until I hear what you have for us.

As for cataloging and all of that, I wish I had more experience with this. My advice, short of Lynnet stepping in, is to follow the directions as listed and we might assume that any necessary changes, if any at all, could be made by someone 'behind the scenes.'

Kevin
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Betty is right in that is how I usually set up collections (and possibly others do too)… and the reason for re-ordering at cataloguing is that the system puts the files in alphabetical order.
However, I omitted to give you that instruction (apparently I'm human after all :oops: ), so having readers pre-claim a section and using the section number works fine and means I won't have to re-order them, as the system can count 8-). Just enter Betty in as the reader for section 2, then you can add all the other info when she submits her file. And the next reader will know they need to submit section 3, etc.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_02_various_128kb.mp3

Time is 16:43

Naples and Mount Vesuvius by Frank G. Carpenter
Carpenter's Geographical Reader - Europe 1902

archive.org/details/carpentersgeogr00carpgoog/page/n417

BettyB
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BettyB wrote: May 26th, 2019, 4:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_02_various_128kb.mp3

Time is 16:43

Naples and Mount Vesuvius by Frank G. Carpenter
Carpenter's Geographical Reader - Europe 1902

archive.org/details/carpentersgeogr00carpgoog/page/n417

BettyB
Such a nice reading. And a good, interesting selection, too.

I have marked the piece as PL OK, though there is one word you may wish to correct. At 12:08 you read 'thousands' when the word is 'hundreds.'

Thank you so much for the addition!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Beware! PL OK -- wow, what a scary place :shock:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_02_various_128kb.mp3

Uploaded for spot check.

BettyB

Are we now allowed to submit more than one reading for this collection?