Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

That was some mighty fine reading, Sunbeard. Chapters 19-23 have been duly registered as PL OK in the MW.

BTW, were you a little confused by the very end of Chapter 23? "We’ll stay in the house with the little gray mouse; Just now it is no time to rove,” sang the old robber fox as he bolted his front door." Isn't Little Jack Rabbit the one staying in a house with the little gray mouse and not Danny Fox?

Lomond
Sunbeard

Post by Sunbeard »

“Well, there’s one good thing about it all,” said Little Jack Rabbit to Bobby Tail as they hopped through the snow-covered corn field, “Old Danny Fox won’t be around again for some time.”

“It’s safer at home when the bad farmer’s boy
Is tramping around with his gun.
No telling, I say, while he’s shooting away
His bullets of lead by the ton.
“What might happen to us if we went for a stroll
Away from our warm kitchen stove.
We’ll stay in the house with the little gray mouse;
Just now it is no time to rove,”
sang the old robber fox as he bolted his front door.

It made no sense to me either... the first one sounded like Danny Fox... but then the second verse sounded like Rabbit and Mouse.... but then the last portion of the sentence says that the old robber fox was singing the previous lines... If it's not correct by all means I'll edit it so it reads correctly.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Sunbeard wrote: May 16th, 2019, 12:33 pm
It made no sense to me either... the first one sounded like Danny Fox... but then the second verse sounded like Rabbit and Mouse.... but then the last portion of the sentence says that the old robber fox was singing the previous lines... If it's not correct by all means I'll edit it so it reads correctly.
Greetings -

I checked the other online editions including the pdf of the original pages and they all have it as the old robber fox singing the song. So, I guess we leave it as it is.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Here are some notes on Chapters 24-27 and 30-31.

Chapter 24

Time: 00:36 Text has "and the trembling bushes by the wayside." Reading has tumbling instead of trembling.

Time: 00:41 Text has "picking up crumbs from the Kind Farmer’s". Reading has king instead of kind.

Time: 00:44 Text has "the white petals that blossomed in the orchard in the sweet". Reading has orchid instead of orchard.

Chapter 25

Time: 00:44 Text has "At last they came to the orchard." Reading has orchid instead of orchard.

Chapter 31

Time: 00:27 Text has "I’m old and very rusty," This phrase is repeated.

dustynovels, it sounded like you were a bit tentative in the first chapter and then you got rolling the more you read. Good voice and good tempo.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Well, Little Jack Rabbit and Bobby Tail are safe and warm in their nest in the Old Bramble Patch, Mrs. Cow is out of the cold lying on her pile of straw, and that ornery Danny Fox has been thwarted in his attempt to get in the hen house and chased back to the rock pile. All is well in Little Jack Rabbit's neck of the world and we have come to the end of another book.

A few corrections and this one is ready to go.

Well done, readers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lomond
dustynovels

Post by dustynovels »

I'll make sure to address those edits tonight and re-upload them. Thank you very much for the help, I apologize for me overlooking those mistakes.
lomond

Post by lomond »

dustynovels wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:42 am I'll make sure to address those edits tonight and re-upload them. Thank you very much for the help, I apologize for me overlooking those mistakes.

Greetings -

No apologies needed.

Lomond
dustynovels

Post by dustynovels »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dustynovels wrote: May 18th, 2019, 8:38 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitdannyfox_24_cory_128kb.mp3 - 2:26

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitdannyfox_25_cory_128kb.mp3 - 2:23

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitdannyfox_31_cory_128kb.mp3 - 3:15

Here are my corrections. I hope they sound okay, I'm really looking forward to more work on LibriVox.
I've marked these Ready for Spot PL, and that will finish the book for us if all is well. :clap:

Thank you! And we are looking forward to hearing more of your find voice on LV! :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

dustynovels, corrections nicely done.

We are finished!

Lomond
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sweet! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/little-jack-rabbit-and-danny-fox-by-david-cory/

Great job, everyone! Thank you so much for another easy catalog! And a big thank you to Larry, our indefatigable BC, and to lomond for using his bunny ears to listen to all those sections! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!