Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Caught ..and linked. Thanks Michele. :D

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We can't use that image, To quote Carolin
If there is any doubt about the status of an image you like, dont use it. Logos or trademarks? Dont use it. People might have been photographed without their consent? Dont use it. Any other component you are in doubt about, or you can imagine we are in doubt about? Dont use it.
Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 12th, 2019, 8:39 pm We can't use that image, To quote Carolin
If there is any doubt about the status of an image you like, dont use it. Logos or trademarks? Dont use it. People might have been photographed without their consent? Dont use it. Any other component you are in doubt about, or you can imagine we are in doubt about? Dont use it.
Anne
Are you referring to the cover for The Penitent? This is quite obviously fantasy art, and the lady who designed it, Mysticsartdesign, specializes in computer generated fantasy art. Here is her page with hundreds of mythological images - fairies, warriors, dragons, etc. All on pixabay, all clearly marked CC0 public domain. See link.

https://pixabay.com/users/mysticsartdesign-322497/

The girl isn't real -- the pendant doesn't hang down properly (defies gravity), the head is on crooked (too far right), the hair is sculpted, the skin far too smooth, the lips plastic, the right leg stuck up in the wrong place, the foot too small (smaller than her hand) and smashed in, with a fantasy shoe of no real design. She is clearly computer generated.

And, she is soooooooo penitent. :roll:

Please reconsider.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I guess I will - I could see the clothes and hair had been photoshopped or something, and I don't know enough about international copyright to know how much you can change before the model loses rights. I'll accept this one but please- I really haven't time to chase rights for every image. And the time would be better spent on our prime directive - books.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Anne. Further comments on the Chat Thread. :clap:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Mark Twain cover added - we've got so much of him in the catalogue it's not easy to think up an original cover :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:32 am Mark Twain cover added - we've got so much of him in the catalogue it's not easy to think up an original cover :D
Great cover! Check out the link to online text. It points to Amazon.
And what's with the link to Additional text? I haven't seen one of those before.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The text link points to Google when I click it, and Google won't let me see it all. They don't care enough about non Americans to be able to check that an author who died in 1910 is PD in almost if not all the world. The review says it has missing pages, maybe the "additional text" is used to fill the gaps? You'd need to ask in the thread.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, I did that.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page