COMPLETESilver Chimes in Syria: Glimpses of a Missionary's Experiences by William S. Nelson - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: May 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm 6, please, if someone will help me with just a few pronunciations.

EDIT: The words with which I have trouble are: Feiruzeh, Yazidiyeh, and Minyara.
Well, I knew this was going to be an issue, and I haven't done any research to see if I can find a pronunciation, but I doubt there is a good source for these. So, our usual advice is just to give it your best effort. With the more common foreign languages we usually have someone in the LV community to help us, or there are on line resources. So, give it a go!
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: May 14th, 2019, 7:48 am
KevinS wrote: May 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm 6, please, if someone will help me with just a few pronunciations.

EDIT: The words with which I have trouble are: Feiruzeh, Yazidiyeh, and Minyara.
Well, I knew this was going to be an issue, and I haven't done any research to see if I can find a pronunciation, but I doubt there is a good source for these. So, our usual advice is just to give it your best effort. With the more common foreign languages we usually have someone in the LV community to help us, or there are on line resources. So, give it a go!
I'll figure it out ... or go for the field goal!
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Kevin--I checked out one of the names, and I found a YouTube video with an audio pronunciation of Minyara (at about 0.24 seconds into the video). Maybe you can find other helps with Google searches. (I've accidentally stumbled onto YouTube videos with real people saying difficult place names or surnames on several projects where I've been stumped on pronunciations.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btsVzE02D0

I agree with Larry, though--give it your best shot and march on! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

lubee930 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 8:28 am
Hi Kevin--I checked out one of the names, and I found a YouTube video with an audio pronunciation of Minyara (at about 0.24 seconds into the video). Maybe you can find other helps with Google searches. (I've accidentally stumbled onto YouTube videos with real people saying difficult place names or surnames on several projects where I've been stumped on pronunciations.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btsVzE02D0

I agree with Larry, though--give it your best shot and march on! :)
Thank you!

I can now say that I was close with at least one of the three!
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Kevin--I just arrived home and listened to your section. Very nice job--thank you!

Section 06: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you both!
This one got a slow start, and now we are one reader away from finishing. :)
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

lubee930 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Hi Kevin--I just arrived home and listened to your section. Very nice job--thank you!

Section 06: PL OK
Thank you.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Oh darn it! I missed moving this one! I will move this one anyway!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

All good, Elsie--thanks so much! :)
Section 08: PL OK
Section 13: PL OK
Section 14: PL OK

I think this one is ready for cataloging--yay!!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sweet! Off we go!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/silver-chimes-in-syria-glimpses-of-a-missionarys-experiences-by-william-s-nelson/

Great job, everyone! Thank you so much for participating in this project, and a humongous thank you goes out to Larry, for BC'ing and for putting this project together, and to Lucretia, for DPL'ing! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Wow, what I surprise this evening upon my return!

Thank you Lucretia and Ann for helping out so much. :9:

And, a huge THANK YOU to all of our talented readers. :clap:
I am so happy to have this in the catalog.
~ Larry