Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohoooo ! congrats. I'll get to archiving soon :clap:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok, I had a bit of trouble with one wrongly named file that I didn't catch immediately :? but it seems that it's all working now (fingers crossed) If you notice any file not working, just let me know. The problem was with Section 31 (it had kp instead of kb at the end).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/stories-of-the-scottish-border-by-william-platt/

I can move this to Completed Projects now :9:

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Is the fact that Mrs Platt down not showing as an author a sign of persistent anti-feminism or an oversight? :D :D (just thought it looked a bit odd when the first line of the summary mentioned both, and they are both credited in the text)

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

annise wrote: May 17th, 2019, 7:09 amIs the fact that Mrs Platt down not showing as an author a sign of persistent anti-feminism or an oversight? :D :D
no, definitely an oversight. I remember I didn't know what to do since I didn't know the first name of the wife...and then I forgot to add her. Can I just enter her as Mrs William Platt ? :hmm:

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Thank you, everyone for your help, patience and ear for detail.

Judith
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

As to the Platts, tracking down women writers in the 19th and early 20th century is very difficult: maiden names, married names and pen names all complicate the search. We really haven't a clue who Mrs P was, but then we don't know anything about her husband either. Perhaps someone listening will know.
Judith