[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Obviously, as usual, Peter Peterson 29 is PL OK!
I know I said I'd PL all the stuff that came in yesterday...and I'm sorry I didn't. I got really busy and ended up not having enough time on here as I would've liked. But I promise I'll do it today. (Curdie's Mother, that is.)
Great reading, Campbell, as usual! :thumbs:
Thanks guys!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

All five sections of Joan Peterson (12, 23, 28, 29, and 31) are PL OK!
I think this was my first time PLing one of your recordings, Devorah, and I must say- it was a real treat! You have a lovely reading voice. Great job! You did splendid as Joan Peterson. Thank you for recording! :thumbs:

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'm really confused about what's happening with Narrators 2 and 13. They're under the heading in the MW "Files below are to be deleted before cataloguing". Both of these chapters are read entirely by the narrator, so they don't need characters to be PLed. They are also both PL OK, so technically chapters 2 and 13 are both PL OK. But I'm confused about why they're under that heading in the MW- is that a mistake?

Thanks,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

The chapter is PL OK above that and ready for catalog. The actual audio file will not be deleted, but we don’t need two eateries for the Chapter (chapter and narrator) for the catalog so the sections in the MW labeled narrator are extra.

I edited the heading section to be "MW sections ..."

David O
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

dlolso21 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:21 pm The chapter is PL OK above that and ready for catalog. The actual audio file will not be deleted, but we don’t need two eateries for the Chapter (chapter and narrator) for the catalog so the sections in the MW labeled narrator are extra.

I edited the heading section to be "MW sections ..."

David O
Oh ok, makes sense. Thank you! I guess I didn't notice the chapters were also in that other 'ready for catalog' part.
Thanks! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 20 is PL OK, and very well-read! Nice job! I like how George MacDonald filled his books with SO much description that it completely paints a vivid picture in the reader's mind. Good job reading on that, too- you didn't stumble once! I would've messed up at least ten times on that chapter, some of the wording is very tricky to master :)

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 26 is PL OK! Splendid reading! I especially enjoyed that one. And the plot thickens...! :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Who is in charge of keeping track of what chapters are ready to edit? I try to keep track, but I'm sure I've missed some... :hmm:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'm really confused (again).

So apparently Bhavya uploaded chapter 27...but on the chapter 28 link it links to chapter 27. The "real" 27 is still marked as "assigned". What happened here? I'm just going to PL some other recording of hers till this is figured out... :?: :?:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm Who is in charge of keeping track of what chapters are ready to edit? I try to keep track, but I'm sure I've missed some... :hmm:
Elijah as the BC is officially in charge of tracking that, but I have some time so I can take a look.

I am going to flip the order of things around a bit to help though, putting the sections with a "see PL Notes" above the sections with "PL OK" and Chapters. That way roles that are not recorded are at the top, followed by the roles that are "ready for PL", followed by the roles that are recorded with "see PL Notes", and then everything that is "PL OK"; this will keep sections that need reader attention near the top. Once all the roles are "PL OK" the Chapters will have floated to the top.

I will set similar flow from top to bottom for the Chapters. Chapters that are not edited along with the matching "PL OK" roles files will be the first chapters. Once each Chapters is edited and "PL OK" then the Chapter and its matching role files can move down.

Does this make sense, Rachel?

David O

P.S. There are no more chapters ready to edit at the moment.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 2:22 pm All five sections of Joan Peterson (12, 23, 28, 29, and 31) are PL OK!
I think this was my first time PLing one of your recordings, Devorah, and I must say- it was a real treat! You have a lovely reading voice. Great job! You did splendid as Joan Peterson. Thank you for recording! :thumbs:

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
Thank you. I think she's a great character, but I found it challenging to find the right balance between loving and stern when she's scolding Curdie for his behavior to Irene. More challenging than I expected!
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm I'm really confused (again).

So apparently Bhavya uploaded chapter 27...but on the chapter 28 link it links to chapter 27. The "real" 27 is still marked as "assigned". What happened here? I'm just going to PL some other recording of hers till this is figured out... :?: :?:
Both Chapter 27 and Chapter 28 were uploaded with the filename for Chapter 28. I have renamed them in the upload folder and updated the MW.

Chapter 27
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_27.mp3

Chapter 28
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_28.mp3

David O
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

dlolso21 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:50 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm I'm really confused (again).

Both Chapter 27 and Chapter 28 were uploaded with the filename for Chapter 28. I have renamed them in the upload folder and updated the MW.

Chapter 27
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_27.mp3

Chapter 28
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_28.mp3

David O
Oh dear, sorry for the confusion :oops: