1-Minute test of [Catalan] La Punyalada by jpujolar [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar » May 11th, 2019, 8:38 am

Dear colleagues,

Here is my recorded trial.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jpujolar2.mp3

I use Audacity as editor in the Windows 10 OS, latest versions.

I record with a device called Zoom H4nPro and transfer 32-bit sterero wav files to my computer. I turn them into 16 bit mono files through audacity.

I hope I have not forgotten anything important.

With best wishes,

Joan Pujolar
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 14th, 2019, 12:30 am

Hello Joan, welcome to the forum and thank you for your test. Everything is perfect, you are completely ready to roll :thumbs: Technical settings all good, voice clear and loud enough, reading very nicely paced and you have a good narrative voice.

Here is the official OK on your test. You can start on any project that's on offer here. We have some Spanish projects running currently, if you like to have a look here: viewforum.php?f=60 I see 4 Spanish projects at the moment. Maybe there is something you like to help out with :) Of course you can also participate in other languages that you speak, but seeing that your test was in Spanish, I thought you'd prefer to record in Spanish.

Have fun !

Sonia

jpujolar

Post by jpujolar » May 14th, 2019, 6:32 am

Dear Kitty,

Many thanks for your comments and quick feedback.

What you heard was not Spanish, but Catalan, spoken all along the Spanish Eastern coast. It is a bit closer to French and Italian than Spanish, but we are not talking about huge differences, as you can see.

I intend to record a whole book in Catalan, the second one in LibriVox I think. I have actually recorded and edited around 60% of it. So you put my mind at rest here.

With best wishes,

Joan (which in Catalunya is a "he", not a "she") :)
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 14th, 2019, 6:37 am

jpujolar wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 6:32 am
What you heard was not Spanish, but Catalan, spoken all along the Spanish Eastern coast.
oh yes, sorry, now I see the title. :oops: Well I don't speak Spanish, although I can understand it a bit because I speak French and Italian and a bit of Portuguese, but I didn't hear the difference so much, I'm not good enough in the language for that.
I intend to record a whole book in Catalan, the second one in LibriVox I think. I have actually recorded and edited around 60% of it. So you put my mind at rest here.
yes it is best to wait with bulk-recording before you have all the settings correct ;) but in your case all was fine.

I would recommend joining a group project first though, so you learn a bit how the things work here. In a solo, you are pretty much alone and have to know your way around the Magic Window and all that. It's probably easier if you first get to know it in a group (and more fun too, to get to know the Spanish community here). One or two sections or poems is enough, than you can launch your solo
Joan (which in Catalunya is a "he", not a "she") :)
oh that I know at least. :mrgreen:

Sonia