[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That’s it! All the files are in the MW! :thumbs:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:thumbs: , nearly there.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Jennifer posted on the previous page that she intends to do some PLing this weekend, so hopefully we will be ready for the catalogue by Monday!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hi Beth - Great reading!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

There is only one technical thing to correct.

Chapter 1: The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB) at 94.8 dB.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Oh dear! I think I must have overcompensated after taking out all the coughs! I’ll fix it tonight.

While you are finishing up this project’s PLing, if you have any thoughts about the summary for the catalogue I’d appreciate your input, as you will have heard the whole book!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hello Michael - Wonderful job! Just a few corrections to make.

Chapter 22 - PL OK!

Chapter 23: Duplicate sentence, "That was the gossip of the hospital" is repeated at 1:32
2:50 - incorrect word, I hear, "The ward was intensely interesting," and it should be, "The ward was intensely interested."
While you're in there, you could trim the end silence to 5 seconds, there is 6 currently.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Elizabby wrote: May 12th, 2019, 6:52 pm Oh dear! I think I must have overcompensated after taking out all the coughs! I’ll fix it tonight.

While you are finishing up this project’s PLing, if you have any thoughts about the summary for the catalogue I’d appreciate your input, as you will have heard the whole book!
Let me think it over, my brain isn't coming up with anything tonight, but I'm sure I could come up with something soon.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

We could use the original cover blurb: A story of hospital intrigue, of love and jealousy that killed, and of a mysterious "K", who kept his surgical background a secret - until a shooting forced his hand.

Granted, there is much more to the story, but this might be good to use because it's on the original dust cover. It does give away the story though.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Mmm, I'd prefer to write something myself. I don't like spoilers!

Chapter 1 is deamplified by 4dB, should be right in the centre of the range now. File is otherwise unchanged.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Elizabby wrote: May 12th, 2019, 10:58 pm Mmm, I'd prefer to write something myself. I don't like spoilers!

Chapter 1 is deamplified by 4dB, should be right in the centre of the range now. File is otherwise unchanged.
I completely understand, I don't like spoilers myself.

The story begins about K, whom we know nothing about except that he is poor and works at the gas office in town. He has taken a room on "The Street" with a mother and aunt of Sydney, at young, fresh faced girl of 18, just on the verge of womanhood. We are introduced to a variety of character's, all whom K touches as he is slowly drawn, albeit unwillingly, into the life of "The Street". Sydney becomes a nurse in the hospital, and becomes engaged, much to K's chagrin, to the preeminent surgeon in the hospital, only to discover he has a checkered past. K knows about Max Wilson's past, and about the Sydney's nemesis at the hospital: The exotic and beautiful Clara, who is also in love with Dr. Max.

That may help you start?

Chapter 1 is now Spot PL - OK!
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks for the careful reading. Whoops! I’ll get those spots in 23 fixed and reuploaded today!
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Here is the corrected section 23, ready for spot PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_23_rinehart_128kb.mp3 [13:42]
Thanks,

Michael

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks, this is now in the MW!

Also Jennifer, I’ve had a crack at writing a summary, see what you think?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The new summary makes me want to download and listen :D :D

Anne