[COMPLETE]Some Everyday Folk & Dawn by Miles Franklin-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

mgobirch wrote: May 10th, 2019, 6:49 pm Okay, great, I'll actually go with chapter 29 first then, since it's much shorter than 28, just to get my feet wet. I know that Barbara said she's still on as the DPL. Barbara, your location says Australia, does that mean you'll be able to help me with pronunciation on some of the terms, I'm an incredibly midwestern american so it's likely to sound not nearly as good as the previous narrator, but I still don't want to butcher things too badly.

:help:
Absolutely!

Best,

Barbara
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Thanks Lucas and Barbara,

I think I'll stick with "MGoBirch" for this book (I can select to use my real name in subsequent projects right?)

Also, if a soundcloud account is okay to link to, I'm documenting me learning how to narrate and do voice acting, so that would be great to link to that:

https://soundcloud.com/mgobirch

Thanks,
I've done a bit of a cursory read on the chapter and listened to a few minutes of the previous narrator. If I don't start tonight, I'll start on the chapter tomorrow and hopefully have it edited and uploaded by the end of the week.

Bryan
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

mgobirch wrote: May 12th, 2019, 11:18 am Thanks Lucas and Barbara,

I think I'll stick with "MGoBirch" for this book (I can select to use my real name in subsequent projects right?)

Bryan
Bryan,
The name you choose to appear in the LibriVox Catalog , will appear in all your recordings.(This and the next)
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Thanks Lucas,

Let's go with "Bryan Birchmeier" then as my full name.

Best,
Bryan
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

I'm not ready to upload yet, but I was wondering, is the name I want to select when uploading still "annise" or is it different now that you're running the project Lucas?

Thanks,
Bryan
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

mgobirch wrote: May 13th, 2019, 9:32 am I'm not ready to upload yet, but I was wondering, is the name I want to select when uploading still "annise" or is it different now that you're running the project Lucas?

Thanks,
Bryan
It's annise !! :mrgreen:
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

mgobirch wrote: May 13th, 2019, 4:58 pm Chapter 29 ready for feedback!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/everydayfolk_29_franklin.mp3

Thanks!

:clap:
Hi Bryan. I take it this is your first recording for Librivox? It was very entertaining.

A PL Note: you will need to delete the repeat at 3:42 of "while she and Dawn waited to receive them on one of the old porches" before you get the "PL OK".

Something to look out for in future - if you see a red line in the wave form in Audacity, this is called "clipping". A clipped waveform is flattened at top and bottom which causes distorted sound.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Best,

Barbara
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'd like to help finish this, can I claim the three remaining open chapters please? That's 28, 30 and 31.

EDIT: In this book, chapters 30 and 31 actually appear as a single chapter and I think I'd prefer to read it that way as the final afterword is very short - would that be OK with the BC?
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Thanks Barbara!

I'll go back and remove the repeat, I thought I got them all. I can try and re-record the areas where clipping occurred. I wasn't running the compressor on the input which is why that happened, sorry about that!

Bryan
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Elizabby wrote: May 14th, 2019, 12:38 am I'd like to help finish this, can I claim the three remaining open chapters please? That's 28, 30 and 31.

EDIT: In this book, chapters 30 and 31 actually appear as a single chapter and I think I'd prefer to read it that way as the final afterword is very short - would that be OK with the BC?
Thanks Elizabby!!

I added section 31, a smaller section, for possible newbies to read. But as you will read them, it's ok!
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

mgobirch wrote: May 14th, 2019, 6:06 am Thanks Barbara!

I'll go back and remove the repeat, I thought I got them all. I can try and re-record the areas where clipping occurred. I wasn't running the compressor on the input which is why that happened, sorry about that!

Bryan
Bryan, you don't have to re-record the clipped areas, just look out for them in future.

Best,

Barbara
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Finished the edit, thanks for catching that one Barbara!

oops, here's the link:

barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

mgobirch wrote: May 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm Finished the edit, thanks for catching that one Barbara!

oops, here's the link:

It's PL OK now, Bryan. You're off to a great start!

Best,

Barbara
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Thanks for the help Barbara! Hope we work together again!