[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Elijah,

I said I'd stop procrastinating on those three chapters of Lootie so here they are:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_14_128kb.mp3 @0:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_16_128kb.mp3 @1:06

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_24_128kb.mp3 @1:01

Sorry for the file dump-- but they are very short so they shouldn't take long to PL. :thumbs:

Thanks and God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

EDIT TO ADD:

I'll put these files in myself. :| Can't believe I forgot that!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 19 was certainly a very interesting chapter!
George MacDonald really did know how to make a book for children, with just the right element of evil so as not to disturb or frighten children!

Very well read. Just a couple PL notes:

4:36-- missed "said the king"
5:15-21-- loud rushing noise like a car going by

There is quite a bit of car-honking from traffic in the recording, too. I don't suppose Noise Reduction would help, though, because it's in the soundwaves and NR would only make it sound tinny-- and if you save it like that you can't undo it. So I don't recommend NR for the background noise, in that specific case.
Elijah or David, do you guys have any suggestions? The noise is pretty obvious, but like I said, I don't think NR would help and would only make things worse. :|

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Wow. Narrator 32 was good. I've read this book so many times, and yet that ending was the best I've "read" yet! Thank you, Bhavya! This is definitely PL OK. Nice job interrupting yourself in that one sentence:
how Curdie came to visit Irene's grandmother, and what she did for him; and how the princess and he met again after they were older—and how—But there! I don't mean to go any farther at present."
It sounded like a real interruption! I've always been bad at that.

Great finish to this book! More PLing tomorrow, I need to go now. Thank you Bhavya! :thumbs:

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

And Chapter 32 is ready to edit! Good job guys! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 3:09 pm Narrator 19 was certainly a very interesting chapter!
George MacDonald really did know how to make a book for children, with just the right element of evil so as not to disturb or frighten children!

There is quite a bit of car-honking from traffic in the recording, too. I don't suppose Noise Reduction would help, though, because it's in the soundwaves and NR would only make it sound tinny-- and if you save it like that you can't undo it. So I don't recommend NR for the background noise, in that specific case.
Elijah or David, do you guys have any suggestions? The noise is pretty obvious, but like I said, I don't think NR would help and would only make things worse. :|

Rachel
When there is a distracting noise mixed in with the vocal parts of the recording it is usually better to re-record the phrases where it occurs.

David O
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 3:09 pm Narrator 19 was certainly a very interesting chapter!

Rachel
I can rerecord it; no problem :thumbs:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

bhavya wrote: May 9th, 2019, 8:51 am

Rachel
I can rerecord it; no problem :thumbs:
Oh, okay, thanks. I really hate to have you do that, Bhavya, but it seems like the only way to fix the problem. Ugh! Sorry about that. :|
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 10th, 2019, 2:06 pm And here is First Guard for Chapter 25.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_firstguard_25_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Aaron
Thanks Aaron! I'll PL in a few minutes. :thumbs:

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 10th, 2019, 2:37 pm
aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 10th, 2019, 2:06 pm And here is First Guard for Chapter 25.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_firstguard_25_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Aaron
Thanks Aaron! I'll PL in a few minutes. :thumbs:

Rachel
This, too, is PL OK! Good job Aaron!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them