ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, Chris.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 7th, 2019, 5:29 pmRoles like this no doubt make one grateful that L-V is a non-visual medium. :lol:
will you be wearing some fluffy pompoms and wings while you record ? (I can never make this idea un-thought now :shock: )

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lex and Chris, I just noticed that both Cupids are noted down as "Another Cupid", but I am guessing it makes sense that Lex as "Another Cupid" is doing the earlier quote ("What heart but seeing them must yield?") and Chris as "Yet another Cupid" is doing the final quote ("The fairest of th' Immortals—arms / So keen hath none to wield.") And of course the chorus lines that are there.

Hope this clears up matters.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

That was exactly how I planned for the "another cupid" and "yet another cupid" to read those lines. If I was a better person, I would have spelled out all this in the MW....

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I’ll read “Yet Another Cupid” in the cast list declaration, and put a split second pause between the “Yet” and the “Another”. Then you can either remove the “Yet” or close it up to the “Another”.

Or I could just say “Again With The Cupids”.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 9th, 2019, 3:08 pm Or I could just say “Again With The Cupids”.
I totally upvote this one.
--
Lex (she/her)
TheTableRound

Post by TheTableRound »

Do you still need a reader for OTHER TRITON and CHORUS?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TheTableRound wrote: May 16th, 2019, 11:27 am Do you still need a reader for OTHER TRITON and CHORUS?
yes we do ! Thank you for helping out and making us fully claimed 8-)

Sonia
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Hiya, my part is such a small one that I'm rather ashamed it took me this long to get down to it, but here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_acupid_1_128kb.mp3

If anything in or about it is not quite satisfactory I beg that you will not scruple to let me know: with all the weekend before me I'm quite happy to do it all over again: the whole thing takes no more than 2 minutes worth of funwork :)

Meanwhile, happy weekend everyone!

T.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EikyTavie wrote: May 16th, 2019, 10:44 pmHiya, my part is such a small one that I'm rather ashamed it took me this long to get down to it, but here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_acupid_1_128kb.mp3
If anything in or about it is not quite satisfactory I beg that you will not scruple to let me know: with all the weekend before me I'm quite happy to do it all over again: the whole thing takes no more than 2 minutes worth of funwork :)
thank you, Tavie, for this endearingly sweet Cupid. What a lovely "breezy" voice you're putting on here. :9:

However you missed one more chorus a bit further on. Could you maybe insert that part as well, so Todd has more voices to choose from in the end ?

"Then strike again,
And raise your strain,
And let your homes around
With joyous songs resound!"

Thank you :)

and a nice weekend to you as well !

Sonia
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

Ahh, my bad! I'll do it before the weekend is over. Thanks Sonia for your kind feedback as always :)
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: May 19th, 2019, 7:14 pm Another Cupid done. 36 sec.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_anothercupid_1_128kb.mp3
:shock: a squeaky Cupid !!! I have to ask, how did you get your voice like that ? Is it enhancement or is this your natural range ? It sounds so different from your other parts.

It will give a great effect in chorus though :thumbs: thanks. This is PL ok.

BTW: the new Richard Steele play has launched :mrgreen:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: April 27th, 2019, 2:00 am
I have a few PL notes for Act 1 though:

> at about 0:22: please include "Persons represented" at the beginning of the voice credits

> at 2:07: "and represents a vast sea" - you say "area", may be optional, but since it is supposed to be a water-scene, maybe better to qualify this

> at 5:22: "the princess sees them dance" - you say "sees them, dances". Eryphile definitely is not in the mood of dancing here, so this would change the meaning. She is only watching while they dance

Sonia
Here are the corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd