COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: May 4th, 2019, 9:10 am FLYING DOCTOR - GROS-RENE
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/flyingdoctor_grosrene_moliere.mp3
yay, the final role has come in, thank you so much, Alan. You are getting used to playing the Gros-Renés by now, aren't you ? :wink: I think it must be the third time already in Molière's plays. I like the very smug voice you're using at about the middle when he thinks he knows they are only one person. And then he gets conned again after all. :lol: Priceless.

All's well and PL ok.

Todd: this can get finalized. :9:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: May 4th, 2019, 12:17 pm
alanmapstone wrote: May 4th, 2019, 9:10 am FLYING DOCTOR - GROS-RENE
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/flyingdoctor_grosrene_moliere.mp3
yay, the final role has come in, thank you so much, Alan. You are getting used to playing the Gros-Renés by now, aren't you ? :wink: I think it must be the third time already in Molière's plays.
I think I am getting typecast as uncouth not very bright servants. Not just in Moliere. I think it is the accent.
Thanks for the quick PL.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: May 4th, 2019, 12:28 pmI think I am getting typecast as uncouth not very bright servants. Not just in Moliere. I think it is the accent.
the accent and your way of acting out the lines definitely fit very well to the uncouth role. And I think you love to play those roles ;) but don't think yourself typecast. I'll gladly let myself be surprised with a role out of the box next time. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Flying Doctor is ready for final PL. I must congratulate WiltedScribe on his quick change artistry as combination doctor/valet, sometimes both in the same scene - well done!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 4th, 2019, 5:57 pmThe Flying Doctor is ready for final PL. I must congratulate WiltedScribe on his quick change artistry as combination doctor/valet, sometimes both in the same scene - well done!
yes I totally agree there, Todd. The rapid changes of voice are excellently done in that scene in the house. But everyone played their roles wonderfully and assured that this is another hilarious Molière comedy. Well done, team :clap:

The first one-acter for this project is PL ok. Highly entertaining to listen to.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: May 6th, 2019, 10:56 pmHere is my role for The Grandmother. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/grandmother_sentimentalgirl_biro.mp3
thank you, Devorah, will update MW for PL...

Speaking of which: there's quite a bit of PL jobs ready in the MW. A plea to all BCs to check on those one of these days. Please don't forget them.

Thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

mightyfelix wrote: May 6th, 2019, 10:56 pm Here is my role for The Grandmother. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/grandmother_sentimentalgirl_biro.mp3
PL OK! Thanks!
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hi TJ!
I have one pl note for the brunette young lady:
at about 0:42 insert missing line: "But admit that today there is reason enough for every kind of jollity."
Bhavya
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Bhavya !

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Here are the Stage Directions for The Line of No Resistance.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thelineofnoresistance_stagedirections_wilde.mp3

There were a LOT of stage directions for this one. So much so, that I would think they might clutter the drama. Not only, where the characters move and what they do, which is important, but also how they speak and directions for pauses. I don't know librivox policy on this, but I will not be at all offended if you remove some stage directions that are obvious in the characters voices.

That said - these were my first stage directions, and it was kinda fun!

Aaron
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Some authors clutter their scripts with directions like they don't think actors can do their job or give them the exact effect they want on stage. Or maybe they even wrote the script to be read rather than performed. Compare the copious amount of direction in a Pinero or Shaw with a Moliere or Shakespeare someday.

It is common throughout Librivox drama in using the stage directions to cut out those that just echo what a reader does with their voice - if they are told to and actually do sound "angry" or "sad" or "ironic" enough, for example, than those directions could be removed. Other directions such as "pauses" or "interrupts" can be eliminated by timing of the actual speech during editing.

However, some of the verbal instruction stage directions often have a strong visual component - "aside" I often picture as the actor with their face turned toward the audience and confiding in them - that is hard to communicate just with volume and tone of voice.

I just have to decide when I edit what directions I can take out or leave in, and often the separate opinion of the DPL will tweak that a bit as well. All part of the fun.

Thanks, Todd
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 13th, 2019, 12:25 pm Here are the Stage Directions for The Line of No Resistance.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thelineofnoresistance_stagedirections_wilde.mp3

There were a LOT of stage directions for this one. So much so, that I would think they might clutter the drama. Not only, where the characters move and what they do, which is important, but also how they speak and directions for pauses. I don't know librivox policy on this, but I will not be at all offended if you remove some stage directions that are obvious in the characters voices.

That said - these were my first stage directions, and it was kinda fun!

Aaron
Thank you, Aaron! That was a lot! Stage Directions PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Here is the Bride from Grandmother:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/grandmother_bride_biro.mp3
0:31

Here is the Angel from Why the Chimes Rang: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whychimesrang_angel_mcfadden.mp3
0:40
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll do the queen in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern :)

Sonia