[COMPLETE]SOLO Stories of the Scottish Border by Mr and Mrs William Platt - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 25th, 2019, 1:07 pmI will get to pling tomorrow! I have a nasty bacterial infection in my throat, so I am sick as well :roll: but I think I am slowly mending now, so hopefully we are both all better soon!
seems I'm the only one healthy in this project at the moment ;)

sorry to hear about your throat. Hope it's better soon. I guess recording is out of the question for the time being.

Have a relaxing weekend, both of you.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

update: file names are all corrected now :)

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

1, 14, 19 ,21, and 23 are all PL OK!
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just checking in...Judith, do you still have problems downloading Section 2 from the MW ?
If so, here is the direct link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/storiesofthescottishborder_02_platt_128kb.mp3

It's the only section that still needs correcting, and then we can archive. :9: If you have any problems, please let me know.

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Right, I am now recovering. I feel like one of those 19th century characters who feel a bit queasy on Monday, are at death's door on Thursday, and wake up on a spring morning six weeks later. I'll soon be at the 'chair under the apple tree in the garden' stage.

Judith
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/storiesofthescottishborder_02_platt_128kb.mp3

I have renamed the section, and it is now ready for Spot PL.

Please can you tell me how I submit my description?

Many thanks

Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Almost there! at the end of the section you said ‘end of section 1, introduction to a brief history of the border...’ you just need to change that to ‘end of section 2’ you do not need the title at the end or anything, that way it matches the other chapters.
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Right, I am now recovering. I feel like one of those 19th century characters who feel a bit queasy on Monday, are at death's door on Thursday, and wake up on a spring morning six weeks later. I'll soon be at the 'chair under the apple tree in the garden' stage.
I hope that you are entirely recovered soon. This sounds serious.
Please can you tell me how I submit my description?
just press the button with the pencil on the top of your first post and then you can edit that post. Write your summary in the quote slot. I can copy it from there :)

thank you

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Sent you a private message by mistake. I can't find the post which contains my description.
Judith
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: May 13th, 2019, 8:46 amSent you a private message by mistake. I can't find the post which contains my description.
I meant the very first post on the first page. You see in all the other projects, where the description is if you look at the first post.

But it's not a problem. Simply copy/paste your description in a new reply now here on this page, and I can also copy it from there. It doesn't matter if you have it in the first post.

Just push reply and paste the description in the next post.

:)

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Thank you. Here it is:

Nothing seems to be known about Mr and Mrs William Platt, the writers of Stories of the Scottish Border. What they produced is an eccentric guidebook and history, seen partly through the ballads of the region. The book recounts the military stratagems, treachery and courage of those who struggled for control of the Border lands and of the whole country, and tells of the triumphs or tragic fate of those who took part on both sides. It also tells us stories of the Border Reivers, raiders who lived by riding out and stealing their neighbours’ livestock. Their lives were governed for several hundred years by a form of rough justice, and they showed an even rougher wit. While their adventures, though cloaked by the writers in romance and chivalry, were often petty and bloodthirsty, the ballads which distill their experience are, at their best, haunting and intensely moving. The Borders and Northumberland have changed little in aspect over the centuries, and I suggest following the book with a map and images of the places described, to give some idea of the wild remoteness and imaginative power of this Border land.

Is that OK?

Judith
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: May 13th, 2019, 8:55 am Nothing seems to be known about Mr and Mrs William Platt, the writers of Stories of the Scottish Border. What they produced is an eccentric guidebook and history, seen partly through the ballads of the region. The book recounts the military stratagems, treachery and courage of those who struggled for control of the Border lands and of the whole country, and tells of the triumphs or tragic fate of those who took part on both sides. It also tells us stories of the Border Reivers, raiders who lived by riding out and stealing their neighbours’ livestock. Their lives were governed for several hundred years by a form of rough justice, and they showed an even rougher wit. While their adventures, though cloaked by the writers in romance and chivalry, were often petty and bloodthirsty, the ballads which distill their experience are, at their best, haunting and intensely moving. The Borders and Northumberland have changed little in aspect over the centuries, and I suggest following the book with a map and images of the places described, to give some idea of the wild remoteness and imaginative power of this Border land.

Is that OK?
:thumbs: that sounds perfect ! I will put it in the right slot now. (I'll also put it in your first post, so if you check in a minute or so, you will see where I meant you to put it :mrgreen: )

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok the summary is in, and I see you also corrected section 2. So all we need is the PL ok from Tiffany and then I can archive this little gem. :9:

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You are so close! At the end there is a pause then you say 'of stories of the scottish border' and there is a rather long silence . Then you you said end of section two. So you just need to cut out that little phrase 'of stories of the scottish border and all the extra silence. Leave in the 'end of section two' though!
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »