COMPLETE SOLO [Romanian] Poezii de Mihai Eminescu-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

SOLO [Romanian] Poezii by Mihai Eminescu (1850 - 1889).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/poezii-by-mihai-eminescu/

"Editia de fata isi propune sa realizeze un Corpus cvasi-integral de opere eminesciene, incluzand aproape toate textele originale cunoscute pana acum (poezii, proze, drame, articole publicistice, insemnarile manuscrise din diferite domenii si reunite sub genericul Fragmentarium), corespondenta si traducerile cele mai importante."
( acad. Mihai Cimpoi)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35323/pg35323-images.html
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "[Poem title] from Poezii de Mihai Eminescu. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "[poem title] by Mihai Eminescu"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "[Poem title], de Mihai Eminescu, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name].
    • Then read the poem.
    • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Poezii de Mihai Eminescu. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename poezii_##_eminescu_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. poezii_01_eminescu_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by irondog70 on July 20th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornel Nemes
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Cornel,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, Your MW is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

Next, you'll need to start entering section titles. I see that you were planning to make each poem a separate section. I suggest you combine some of the shorter poems into a single section. This is for two reasons: first, some of the poems are very short and so that means a listener hears a lot of intros (even the short intros in poems can be repetitive); second, because we are limited in the number of sections a project can have on Archive to about 250 sections.

As to the intro/outros, I would like you to read the full Librivox intro for the first section. Starting with section 2, you can use the short poetry intro and outro. I've changed your first post to reflect that.

For the book summary - is that taken from the book introduction? We need to make sure the summary is public domain, which means you write it, or you pull it from a public domain source (like the book intro).

Then you are ready to start recording. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. Link from the uploader goes in the "listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. Then be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo, but we can work through that together.

MaryAnn
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi MaryAnn,

Thank you for the sweet welcoming message and directions! :)
I'll start with reading the "How To" for the BC and I'll try to fulfill your other requirements.

Of course, I should try to group the small poems into sections. (The Title of the sections will be taken from the Book, as the entire book is divided into smaller sections by the editor.)

Can I use End of Poem+5 seconds of silence, after each poem or I should skip 'until the end of the section?

The Summary is taken from the Preface of the Book and is published as public domain by the authors, available at: http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35323/pg35323-images.html

My Intros (tailored per your directions) and everything else form the book, would be in Romanian and I'll be using the Intro-translation-disclaimer provided by LibriVox, with the applicable details as they relate to this book and myself as a reader (see bellow):

"Romanian Disclaimer
Inceputul inregistrarii (Intro)
Spun:
- "[Titlul Poemului(or Sectiunii)] din [Poezii de Mihai Eminescu]. - Aceasta este o inregistrare LibriVox. Toate inregistrarile LibriVox sunt in domeniul public. Pentru mai multe informatii, sau pentru a deveni voluntar te rog sa vizitezi: librivox PUNCT org"

"Inregistrat de Cornel Nemes"

-Spun:
" [Titlul Poemului(or Sectiunii)], de Mihai Eminescu. "

-La sfarsitul poemului (sectiunii), spun:
" Sfarsitul [Sectiunii]"
" Inregistrat de Cornel Nemes, Reno, Nevada"

Pentru a doua si toate sectiunile urmatoare:
Dupa care citesc poemul.

La sfarsitul poemului spun:
Sfarsitul poemului. Aceasta inregistrare este in domeniul public si las cinci secunde de liniste.

-La sfarsitul cartii, spun (in plus)
" Sfarsitul cartii Poezii de Mihai Eminescu"
Cinci secunde de liniste.

This is it for now. I'll follow up with my next step or question.

Wish me Good Luck! ;)
Cornel Nemes
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Of course, Good Luck! You're going to do a great job.

Thank you for translating the intro/outro.

I have read a book of poems. I grouped them into sections of about 15 minutes each. For that project, I used the standard intro for a solo (which is different from the short poetry intro), I paused between each poem (not 5 seconds, but maybe 2 or 3 sections, so the reader knew I was starting the next poem) and I read the outro only at the end of the section. If you want to see how I handled it (for an idea only), the project is here: https://librivox.org/hymns-and-spiritual-songs-by-j-c-ryle/

As a soloist, you have flexibility on how you group the poems and handle the intros and outros, as long as its clear what you are reading and you include the LV public domain disclaimer language.

MaryAnn
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi MaryAnn,

I really, liked your book and interpretation. :clap:
Great suggestion in grouping them, eventually.
I've been thinking about this.
I'm split between keeping one poem at a time and your idea.
For the time being, I'll try to continue with one poem per file.
Some Romanian listeners would like to hear a particular poem only and this way would facilitate it. Eminescu (the poet here) is very well known and studied throughout the entire k-12 and beyond education in Romania. Many of the poems are memorized, sang and known by numerous people in that part of the World.
I'm still under a higher level of novice-enthusiasm. Maybe, if that'll run out, I'll make it simpler. LOL.

Keep an eye on me.

Thank you very much again,
Cornel :)
Cornel Nemes
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Cornel,

It's your decision as BC. But at some point you are going to have to group some of them because the maximum number of sections we can have in a project is 256. After that, the project does not load correctly into Archive, which hosts our completed books.

MaryAnn
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Makes perfect sense. I'll definitely, have some of the short ones grouped in a section or two for the last parts, in order to keep it under 250.
Thanks again.
Cornel Nemes
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Hello!! Do you need a DPL? If yes, i would be happy to do it!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Lucas. I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi Lucas,
Thank you so much. :)
Let me know of needed corrections.
Cornel.
Cornel Nemes
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Cornel,
When you upload a chapter, mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL. That makes it show in my DPL "sections to PL" list. ;)
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi Lucas,
I didn't realize I can have it done.
I'll take care of it from now on.
Thank you for letting me know :)
Cornel.
Cornel Nemes
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Hi Cornel! I didn't realize you finished all the sections. I'll start listening this sections today!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lucas,

Please be sure to post when you are ready for me to start cataloging!
:clap:
MaryAnn