LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Leanne, all PL ok now :)

Foon, will get to your part soon, stay tuned. A lengthy act 1 :shock:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: April 27th, 2019, 12:21 pmHere are the first two acts of Lily, the other two are recorded and will come soon :)
woaaah, my favourite lines are the two last ones, where Lily laughs so endearingly that people will drop here. This is a really good visual of the ending of a party, all of you a bit tipsy and highly enjoying yourselves. :thumbs:

For the rest, Lily seems like a bit of a flirt with anybody ;) and I really pitied poor Jeyes when she was so hard on him in Act 1. :( She is not a completely nice character, you gave her some depth there, Foon. Well done.

A few PL notes here though:

for Act 1:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit you missed “read by Foon;)

> at 7:45: repeat: “Thank you Jimmie”, was there one version you preferred ? If so, you can cut out the other

> at 12:22: “why shouldn’t Stewie rave about me in a public place” – you say “rage” which to my understanding sounds more negative, being angry at someone, while “raving” is a positive enthusiasm

for Act 2:

> at 0:29-0:35: “How d’ye do Mr Smythe” and “How are you, Carlton” – I think Lily should not be included here as it says clearly in the text “At once there is a movement towards SMYTHE of everybody except those who have already greeted him, and LILY who is detained by ROPER and others.” - so these could get cut out, but since there are no other errors, I'll mark it PL ok and make a note and you don't have to reupload (unless you wish to). Just let me know

Thank you, looking forward to the rest

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Sonia for the notes! I'm away from home at the moment so I can't record (can only reduce my editing backlog :P ), but I'll fix them next week when I'm back!

Meanwhile, here is act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_lilyparadell_3_128kb.mp3 29:57
(You thought act 1 was lengthy, eh? ;) )
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: April 29th, 2019, 4:35 amMeanwhile, here is act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_lilyparadell_3_128kb.mp3 29:57
(You thought act 1 was lengthy, eh? ;) )
:shock: *faints*

ok this will take a bit of time...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: April 29th, 2019, 4:35 amMeanwhile, here is act 3:
an excellent act, this one. Wow, Lily shows her real colours here when she starts yelling and abusing poor Jeyes. :lol: I would have liked to see Farncombe's face with her first outbursts and curses !

This was a huge job, and you did it excellently. :thumbs: Nothing missing as far as I can see. Absolutely PL ok. I have a hunch we may have to split this Act in two parts again, if your role alone already makes up for almost half an hour.

Thanks !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

And my final one. Wow, what a character change.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jeyes_4_128kb.mp3
6:05
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 30th, 2019, 6:06 pm And my final one. Wow, what a character change.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jeyes_4_128kb.mp3
yes wonderfully done. I must say, I liked Jeyes in the end. He shows grandeur of character to set his love free for another to marry. You've played him excellently throughout the whole play, Campbell. A really good job. And the final act is also PL ok.

Thanks for taking part !

Sonia
satchnut

Post by satchnut »

I would like to play the part of Smythe, please (Section 3). :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

satchnut wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 10:06 pmI would like to play the part of Smythe, please (Section 3). :)
hello satchnut and welcome to Librivox and the drama forum :) I see you already joined in 2013 but this is your very post, so I would highly recommend starting with a one-minute-test to check your technical audio settings are all up to LV standard. You can upload the test and post it in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and check and give you advice if needed.

I will "reserve" the role of Smythe for you for the time being, so after you pass the test, let us know here and we can sign you up officially. For that you would need to tell us what reader name you want to use. It can be the same as your user name, or your real name or any pseudonym really. Just tell us your choice and we (Todd or me) will create your personal reader page for you.

And then you're ready to start recording the role. For drama plays we have a few special rules that don't apply to the other LV projects. A made a small compilation of the most essential points:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Carlton Smythe (Manager of the Pandora Theatre), read by satchnut" (or whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. As Smythe only appears in Act 2, it may not be necessary to read the whole play, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role. ;) that's the fun in drama

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [sneers] or [groans], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

4) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [looking around]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

that's it :) Good luck with your test and then have fun acting ! And if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I would like to claim: 7 Luigi (Maître d’hôtel at Catani’s Restaurant), Act 2
Grazie mille!
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 4th, 2019, 3:42 am I would like to claim: 7 Luigi (Maître d’hôtel at Catani’s Restaurant), Act 2
Grazie mille!
Pier
ottimo, Pier ! :9: You can bring a genuine Italian accent into the play, that is perfect. Thank you so much for taking part.

This is also your first participation in a drama play, so please read through the tips I posted right above your post, you can read all about the special rules for drama. viewtopic.php?p=1585916#p1585916

Have fun.

Sonia
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

How do I arrange "The Ladies" in addition to Nita from Act 2? At this point, it would be [easier on me] to deliver them in separate files. I could name them mindthepaintgirl_nitatrevenna_2_128kb.aup [and] mindthepaintgirl_nitaladies_2_128kb.aup ... would that be OK?
--
Lex (she/her)
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

Another question... Should I voice The Others in Act 3 or The Men in Act 3? I could do both.
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: May 4th, 2019, 9:58 pmHow do I arrange "The Ladies" in addition to Nita from Act 2? At this point, it would be [easier on me] to deliver them in separate files. I could name them mindthepaintgirl_nitatrevenna_2_128kb.aup [and] mindthepaintgirl_nitaladies_2_128kb.aup ... would that be OK?
well if you don't mind, it's best to leave them all in one single file per act. So you insert the ladies quotes at the time-stamp where they would appear in the act (so after a certain Nita quote) etc. Todd as the editor can then go through it chronologically and pick out what he needs. He has enough files to juggle with as it is ;)
Another question... Should I voice The Others in Act 3 or The Men in Act 3? I could do both
ah, you don't have to do Act 3 at all. Nita inly appears in Act 2 as you can see in the MW. So her voice would naturally not have been mixed with the crowd of Act 3. If she had appeared, she would only have joined the ladies-chorus, not the men's, since she is a woman ;)

Thanks for asking !

Sonia