COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 3 is PL ok. :thumbs: What a hilarious scene when Pinchwife has to endure Horner's attentions to his wife :lol: works out perfectly now assembled.

And only one act missing :9: this will be archived soon !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And last (but not least) is Act 4, which also marks the play's completion!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_4_wycherley_128kb.mp3

Many, many thanks to all our talented readers for bringing this funny Restoration farce to life: Campbell, Scotty, Ava, Chris, Leanne, Alan, Beth, Nemo, Eva, Todd, Sonia, Foon, MajorToast, TJ and Melanie! I hope the final product generates many a smile and laugh. :mrgreen:

I'm going to turn my focus to finishing The Vegetable in the next few months, but there are three more Wycherley plays in the Gutenberg collection, so if there's interest in doing more, anyone is welcome to start another. I'm sure they're as funny and bawdy as this one was.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 9:39 pmAnd last (but not least) is Act 4, which also marks the play's completion!
:lol: wonderful act. Every scene is marvellously acted out: the ever good-humoured TJ laughing constantly is contaminating, I had to smile as well while listening. Leanne is excellently doubtful and suspicious and I'm happy that Chris found out he can play the wooing smitten lover for once. And Todd is simply endearingly nitwitty in his role as Sparkish.

The China scene was especially hilarious and bawdy, as expected. I think you, Beth and me were in the right spirit of smuttiness for this part. We are complementing nicely Nemo and Eva as Mr Fidget and Old Lady Squeamish, who are totally oblivious to what is being played before their eyes. :mrgreen: And Alan is perfect as the astonished Quack who can't believe that Horner gets away with his schemes.

And I absolutely loved the Pinchwife/Lady Pinchwife scenes, where Scotty nearly explodes of rage at every turn and Ava sounds so extremely (faux-)naive. :mrgreen:

And let me not forget Campbell who did a great job in her first Stage directions reading :clap:

Bottom line: great job from everyone involved throughout the play. :thumbs: And the final act is also PL ok. Excellent editing, Tomas.

This is ready for the catalogue. It was a fun play. Looking forward to the next.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

"endearingly nitwitty"- there is a standard to strive for!

Cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 7:54 am"endearingly nitwitty"- there is a standard to strive for!
...you know it was meant fondily.

I'm sure you're still on the look-out for that bad-guy role that can give me hell for once. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. All audio files may be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-country-wife-by-william-wycherley/

Thanks, Todd