[COMPLETE] Lovecraft's Influences and Favorites -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jmhpowell

Post by jmhpowell »

Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

jmhpowell wrote: April 25th, 2019, 12:07 pm Section 16! My first contribution to LibriVox.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lovecraftsinfluences_16_various_128kb.mp3
Congratulations and thanks!

One thing, when you report an uploaded file it is good to include the length of the recording. This helps ensure that the file uploaded correctly. I did a quick download and found the length as 24:50. As long as that matches what you show for the file, we should be ready to go with it!

I did not listen to the whole thing, just a minute or so while checking the time, but I want to say that you have a very pleasant voice to listen to. I look forward to taking the time to listen to the full recording.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
jmhpowell

Post by jmhpowell »

Boomcoach wrote: April 26th, 2019, 5:04 am One thing, when you report an uploaded file it is good to include the length of the recording. This helps ensure that the file uploaded correctly. I did a quick download and found the length as 24:50. As long as that matches what you show for the file, we should be ready to go with it!

I did not listen to the whole thing, just a minute or so while checking the time, but I want to say that you have a very pleasant voice to listen to. I look forward to taking the time to listen to the full recording.
Yes, that's the correct time. And thank you so much for the compliment! I'm definitely looking for honest criticism -- about performance and sound quality. Looking forward to recording a lot more!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think it's time to get a new DPL , there is such a backlog . . I'll adjust the MW

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I can help with some of those. :) I won't commit to DPL just yet, but every little helps, right?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

annise wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 12:11 am I think it's time to get a new DPL , there is such a backlog . . I'll adjust the MW

Anne
I also think that it is time to re-assign section 2. The user has not been on LV since 2-15. I will try to get that section recorded over the weekend, if not, I will open it up to be claimed.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We are happy with Piotrek doing some PLing aren't we :D - he could just post which sector and the result. Piotr could you give jmhpowell some feedback on his first recording? it's section 16 I think.

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

jmhpowell wrote: April 25th, 2019, 12:07 pm Section 16! My first contribution to LibriVox.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lovecraftsinfluences_16_various_128kb.mp3
That's some awesome narration :thumbs: PL OK. I liked the voices. The pace was quite comfortable to follow, too.

I do wonder what happened to the professor. :hmm:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

annise wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 4:40 am We are happy with Piotrek doing some PLing aren't we :D - he could just post which sector and the result. Piotr could you give jmhpowell some feedback on his first recording? it's section 16 I think.

Anne
More than happy!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 3 PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

elsieselwyn wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 7:14 am Section 3 PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
JasonCoffey

Post by JasonCoffey »

Hello. I would like to read Section 16, Lost Hearts by M. R. James.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry, I failed to shift this to readers found, everything is claimed (you can tell by looking in the first post at the MagicWindow - any section without a name by it is available) .
Please do do the 1 minute test - it is not an audition , just a chance to check all your settings are right - it's much easier to fiddle with a test file if needed than to have a 30 minute recording rejected , and if you already know more about recording than we do, then consider it a sound check. It also helps understand our uploader :D

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, section 5's link in the MW is to a section 1 file.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

To expand on this: I think what is now "01" in the file name is actually section 5, as the time matches what's in the MW.
So the old "01" file is section 1.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart