Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

2 covers caught ... and linked, Thank you :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anne
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

why not? On the Commons page it says "This work is in the public domain because it was published in the United States between 1924 and 1963 and although there may or may not have been a copyright notice, the copyright was not renewed. Unless its author has been dead for the required period, it is copyrighted in the countries or areas that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works, such as Canada (50 pma), Mainland China (50 pma, not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 pma), Mexico (100 pma), Switzerland (70 pma), and other countries with individual treaties. See Commons:Hirtle chart for further explanation."
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Anybody can upload anything to wikimedia commons and claim it is not copyrighted. Wikipedia as a whole does not do any copyright checks. Neither do we have a way of verifying that the claim above is correct.

We do accept images that were published pre-1924 since they are automatically pd in the US, no questions asked. Please find another one.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
smijen

Post by smijen »

moniaqua wrote: May 1st, 2019, 12:23 am
smijen wrote: April 30th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Hello, wonderful cover makers, and thank you so much Monika for making this lovely one. Unfortunately, the soloist has just noted that we have her as Aida Bouzama, when she is actually Aida Boumaza. Is it possible to fix this without creating too much additional work?
Don't make me nervous, that is the reason I re-uploaded it yesterday :help: Aida was so kind to notify me :) I really hope I loaded the right one up the second time, I triple checked it.
All good! I didn't realize she had contacted you as well. Thanks so much for fixing. :)
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

3 covers added ... and linked. Thank you.

Anne
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Two covers:

https://librivox.org/the-cartels-jungle-by-irving-e-cox-jr/
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/thecartelsjungle_1905.zip
Cover art taken from the Gutenberg text.

https://librivox.org/english-as-she-is-spoke-by-pedro-carolino/
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/englishassheisspoke_1905.zip
Cover design is entirely by me - didn't use a picture from anywhere! The text in the background is from the book itself.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

The cover for "Helps to Holiness" by Samuel Logan Brengle can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/Salvationist.zip

I'm really glad to see this series completed! It was an honour to create the covers for it. Might someone be willing to create a series page? The three books are "Helps to Holiness", "Heart Talks on Holiness", and "The Way of Holiness".
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We don't normally create series for small numbers, in some ways it is more to do with search page results appearance than anything else - \Groups were originally designed to cope with bible books, to give people an easy way to find the complete version rather than wade through several pages of individual books of different versions in different languages. The anti case is that the present search display means the groups don't show well (it's on a wish list ) So at the moment I wouldn't make them a series, but if the BC wanted she could ask for the links to the volumes to be added to the summary.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think everything is up to date, just tell me if I've missed any.
David - the BC (Beth) and others have put in much effort finding texts for Brengle - it would be nice to post your appreciation in either the project thread or viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69322&p=1441761&hilit=brengle#p1441761 . It's always nice to be thanked :D

Thank you everyone :D

Anne