[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Nice! Definitely PL OK! I loved the accent :lol:

One thing, you didn't have to say "chapter 26" (the narrator reads that) but that's OK, it's still PL OK because we can fix that super easily in editing. Thank you, StoryGirl!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

OK, good to know. I put that in for PLer's reference sake, but now I know I don't need to.
Thanks for listening!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Leanne,

Aside from the silence length on chapter 22, there is one other small PL note I needed to make:

0:41- I heard "nor the blue red" instead of "blue bed"

That's it. Nearly every one of your recordings is word perfect, and done extraordinarily well! Oh my gosh, we have SO many wonderful readers that just are the characters! This is going to be so good when it's done! :clap:

By the way, Elijah and I can help you put in the silence for your recordings. I just need to get the essential stuff done first.

Thanks,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi William!

Great reading in Harelip 18! Your villainy is apparent, great use of tones to make an evil-sounding character! Just one small PL note:

At 0:22-26, there was a rather long pause. Just cut that and it'll be PL OK! Awesome reading!

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Sir Walter 24 is definitely double-PL OK. (I mean, I PL OKed it once, and now I'm doing it again...so yeah, double-PL OK. :lol: )

Also, First Miner 7 is PL OK as well. Thank you, David!

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Princess Irene 14 is PL OK. Nice job!

Has anyone here ever PLed while drinking a smoothie and petting a cat (a very chubby one :lol: )sitting on your computer keyboard? I just did. It's pure bliss! All my favorite things wrapped up into one :9:

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 3:36 pm Princess Irene 14 is PL OK. Nice job!

Has anyone here ever PLed while drinking a smoothie and petting a cat (a very chubby one :lol: )sitting on your computer keyboard? I just did. It's pure bliss! All my favorite things wrapped up into one :9:

Rachel
Thank you for your PLing Rachel! I once PL'ed while eating a PB&J sandwich, and petting a chubby cat. (One hand held the sandwich, and the other was petting the cat... I DO NOT like cat hair in my food). :D <smile>
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Sorry to add more onto your mound Rachel, but here's a short chapter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_peter_7_128kb.mp3
0:33
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm Sorry to add more onto your mound Rachel, but here's a short chapter!

Thank you Campbell! :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 4:24 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 3:36 pm Princess Irene 14 is PL OK. Nice job!

Rachel
Thank you for your PLing Rachel! I once PL'ed while eating a PB&J sandwich, and petting a chubby cat. (One hand held the sandwich, and the other was petting the cat... I DO NOT like cat hair in my food). :D <smile>
That sounds fun! My cat (her name is Lucy) likes to sleep inside the computer hutch that I work in, so she's behind the computer while I work. But it's nice when she comes on my lap and purrs sometimes, it's just that I can't really type if she sits on my arms.
This is going to sound crazy, but I actually don't mind the taste of cat hair :lol: I've had cats all my life, so it's pretty much impossible to keep some stray hairs from getting in once in a while. It doesn't taste like anything, so I just eat my food and don't care about the cat hair :lol:

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm Sorry to add more onto your mound Rachel, but here's a short chapter!

Thanks, Campbell! I'll take a listen. I always love your recordings :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Peter Peterson 7 is PL OK!

Way to go Campbell!

Did you deepen your voice a bit? It sounds good. I like your reading, great job! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:31 pm This is going to sound crazy, but I actually don't mind the taste of cat hair :lol: I've had cats all my life, so it's pretty much impossible to keep some stray hairs from getting in once in a while. It doesn't taste like anything, so I just eat my food and don't care about the cat hair :lol:
Cat hair... Both a fashion accessory... And a condiment!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:43 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:31 pm This is going to sound crazy, but I actually don't mind the taste of cat hair :lol: I've had cats all my life, so it's pretty much impossible to keep some stray hairs from getting in once in a while. It doesn't taste like anything, so I just eat my food and don't care about the cat hair :lol:
Cat hair... Both a fashion accessory... And a condiment!
:lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:39 pm Peter Peterson 7 is PL OK!

Way to go Campbell!

Did you deepen your voice a bit? It sounds good. I like your reading, great job! :thumbs:
I did deepen it a bit... tried to get the tired/headache vibe too.. glad you liked it!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:48 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:39 pm Peter Peterson 7 is PL OK!

Way to go Campbell!

I did deepen it a bit... tried to get the tired/headache vibe too.. glad you liked it!
I know, I noticed you sounded super tired. I just didn't want to comment in case that was just your voice yesterday! :lol: But thanks for the recording, I enjoyed it :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~