The Book of Saints and Friendly Beasts by Abbie Farwell Brown - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you both for my 4, of saints and cows. :)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi, Phil.
Thank you for the correction ... but ... I don't see it here.
Am I missing something?
Whoops again. I uploaded the correction and it automatically replaces the file in the magic window so I just posted the notice since the file does not need to be put there. So it can be checked now. Sorry for the confusion. About the five seconds, that makes sense to me and it seems to work so let's go with that. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thanks, Phil.
All is PL OK. And yes, indeed. Learn something new every day!

Best,
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

You are so welcome, Jim.
I admit ... I DID giggle quite often when I heard the cow called "Mignon." It means "cute, or pretty" in French.
... But. That. Ain't. What. *I* Was. Thinkin'.
My sweet lil fillet.
~Angelique
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/saintsandbeasts_05_brown_128kb.mp3 17.02 KB

18:09

Jim

Filet mignon and now goose pie! :lol:
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Jim,

Thank You !

MW updated.

David O
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Practical Magic

-Melissa Green
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

Section 18
10:15
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/saintsandbeast_18_brown_128kb.mp3

Angelique,

Alright, this was a rough day for me (the air force was doing figure 8s over my neighborhood, and the british accent requested by another project seems to have overstayed it's welcome) please let me know if that frustration shone through! I can't seem to tell upon editing whether I'm just getting frustrated all over again or whether there IS way too much wrong here and I just need to give it another go. I trust your keen ears!

-Melissa
"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Practical Magic

-Melissa Green
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thanks, Jim!
Chapter 5 is PL OK.
Yesss, indeed. It doesn't take most narrators long to learn that we must eat before recording, as stomach rumbles are impossible to edit out.
But I wasn't expecting that while simplying PLing the section. *Laugh*
And *Blush*
Many Regards!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Section 19 is charmingly read, Melissa, and all PL OK.

On a side note, I am now wondering if, when I suggested this book for recording, if I were not very hungry. *Laugh*
The last few sections I've PL'd have all centered around dinner and food. *Laugh*

Wellll. It's time to eat again, so I shall get to your next section in just a few minutes. *wink*
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Dear Melissa,
Not a bit of need to re-record in entirety on The Wolf Mother dear!
Certainly the touch of accent here does not sound pretentious in the least, so ease your mind.

Only one PL note for correction. At the very end, 10:12, you say "Reading (and I can almost hear you think 'No') ... Recording by Melissa Green."
It shouldn't take too long to redact "Reading" and leave "Recording" and re-upload.
You may want to wait until you narrate another piece, make the correction for this and then re-post.
I think you'll be happier with the recording that way. *Smile*

As always, a pleasure to hear you, Melissa!
~Angelique
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for your listen to my goose tale. Jim
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Chapter 11 (Saint Fronto's Camels) uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/saintsandbeasts_11_brown_128kb.mp3, length 12:47
Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Chapter 13 uploaded (Saint Comgall and the Mice), https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/saintsandbeasts_13_brown_128kb.mp3, length 8:18
Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

Oh gosh! You'd think I'd have done enough recording by now not to have missed that :lol: but, as always, our listeners are our most precious resource. I'll get that fixed and re-uploaded right away!

Thank you Angelique

-Melissa
Last edited by Falassewen on May 5th, 2019, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Melissa Green