~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

Hi Kristin
Just letting you know that I am still committed to finishing Maximilian. And if you are PLing a chapter and I have like 15 mispronounced french names just post me that I should redo the recording. I am planning on working on the characters again in the next few weeks. thanks again for all your help.
thanks
pistol pete, CC
Gren

Post by Gren »

Hello,

could I be Carmela's father, Andrea and Louis XIV (Section 45, 46, 47)? Thank you!

- Gren
I was a young maid, a grey-haired woman
& a splendid warrior at one time
I flew with birds, swam on a wave
dove under the waves, dead among the fish.
I stepped on the ground, I had a living spirit.

- Exeter Riddle 74, my translation
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Sergeant/Thief 3/Bandit 2 and the Driver?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Hello - I am about to export my audio and have run into a snag. This is the first production that has asked me to upload FLAC - which is fine, however, I do not see the option to export as 128 kbps. When I export - I have two options for Bit Depth - 16 and 24 bit. Each returns a kbps rate of much more than the required 128. Can anyone help?
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Hello - I have uploaded all my Abbe Faria files.
I see that FLAC was called for, so I posted here and at the help site, because I could not get my FLAC files to be 128 kbps. They said I should just export and upload. None of these files have a consistent kbps - so I'm guessing that it is something that you can't manipulate.

Chapter 16 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_16.flac Duration - 21:00

I ran into a snag here with Chapter 17 as well. The Abbe just has so much to say - he can't fit it - in FLAC form - into the 100 MB limit - at least - I'm assuming that is why it is erroring out. So - I split it in half. 17a and 17b. If you'd like me to export it differently, let me know - I don't know if you'll be able to fit two files for the same chapter into the MW.
Chapter 17, Part 1 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_17a.flac Duration - 17:29
Chapter 17, Part 2 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_17b.flac Duration - 16:41 Total Duration - 34:13

Chapter 18 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_18.flac Duration - 25:14
Chapter 19 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_19.flac Duration - 6:32

In the MW - Abbe Faria is listed as being in chapter 20 as well. He is, however, he is dead, and so he doesn't have a lot to say. That slot can be deleted from the MW.

Chapter 113 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_113.flac Duration - 0:11

I watched a few videos on the Italian accent and I thought I had it. But as I listened back, I was surprised how Russian it sounded. :oops: So, I'm going with Abbe Faria's backstory being that he had balkanish parentage, and moved to Italy and so is a pleasant combination of both in his speech. :)

Also - I am still more than willing to pick up the parts of Old Man and Louis XVIII (sections 13-17) - I don't know if you saw my post stating that I can easily alter my voice - and none of these are in the same chapter.
If not, no problem! 8-)

This was a super fun part to play and I'm so glad I had the opportunity.

Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kristingj wrote: March 4th, 2019, 4:01 am Chapter 67 is PL OK!

Franz is all PL OK!

The maid is only missing a "maid read by..." at the start
Never mind. I'll have a voice credit as Franz D'Epinay (and I had to practice to say my own name properly!) so it doesn't matter about the one line maid, unless you really want it. I find all those tiny characters make the DP very long...
SoundsSharpe

Post by SoundsSharpe »

Hello,

I would like to claim section 20 (Gendarme 2 + both)

Thanks,

Sarah (Sounds Sharpe)
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm Can I have Sergeant/Thief 3/Bandit 2 and the Driver?
I just wanted to make sure this didn’t get lost. The MW has not been updated.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would like to reclaim Louis XVIII Chapter 10 and 11 (now Sect 53, 54)

I have my original files with corrections.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

silverquill wrote: May 4th, 2019, 8:26 pm I would like to reclaim Louis XVIII Chapter 10 and 11 (now Sect 53, 54)

I also requested Louis, but if you have him recorded, that’s awesome, he is also in chapter 6, section 17. Looks like we have some slow responses, I put in my completed sections, plus requests on the 25th.
Does anyone know if kristingj is all right, she’s been inactive since the 10th of last month?

Aaron
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi guys! I've been traveling the last few weeks, and didn't know we wouldn't have internet, or I would have let you know I'd be gone. I'm home, but it's late, and I'm on my phone, so I'll get back to you all tomorrow! 💜
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kristingj wrote: May 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm Hi guys! I've been traveling the last few weeks, and didn't know we wouldn't have internet, or I would have let you know I'd be gone. I'm home, but it's late, and I'm on my phone, so I'll get back to you all tomorrow! 💜
Hooray - No big deal - just slightly worried! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 5th, 2019, 4:34 am
silverquill wrote: May 4th, 2019, 8:26 pm I would like to reclaim Louis XVIII Chapter 10 and 11 (now Sect 53, 54)

I also requested Louis, but if you have him recorded, that’s awesome, he is also in chapter 6, section 17. Looks like we have some slow responses, I put in my completed sections, plus requests on the 25th.
Does anyone know if kristingj is all right, she’s been inactive since the 10th of last month?

Aaron
I'm sorry, I didn't see your claim, so that's fine.
This was an old part that I had recorded, but had corrections to do, but somehow neglected to upload, so my deadline expired. I was just checking the progress of the project and saw it still open in the MW. So, please feel free to take the part.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

silverquill wrote: May 5th, 2019, 8:55 pm
I'm sorry, I didn't see your claim, so that's fine.
This was an old part that I had recorded, but had corrections to do, but somehow neglected to upload, so my deadline expired. I was just checking the progress of the project and saw it still open in the MW. So, please feel free to take the part.
No, no! I was just trying to grab a few parts that were open. Please take it - I'll look and try to grab another small part. Seriously! You probably have a really good Louis.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 4:40 am Oh - I didn't realize it was big. But, that'd be alright. I can switch my voice up pretty well. I'd be glad to take on the roles!
Perfect:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!