How do you promote LibriVox?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Comments on another thread led me to this question.

I'll be attending a poetry reading and workshop on Friday and will be sure to share something about LibriVox there.

I'm also thinking about offering a workshop at our local library---in a community of about 7 thousand---about Audacity and LibriVox recording. I think it might be popular. (Then, again, it may be just me and a coffee pot in a room.)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I had some of those business cards made up showing LibriVox logo, website and a picture of me and my microphone and give them out to anyone interested. They stress the free audiobooks, etc. cost about $10 years ago for 500 of 'em. They work great I think and save me a lot of time explaining stuff. Just a thought.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

philchenevert wrote: April 24th, 2019, 6:58 am I had some of those business cards made up showing LibriVox logo, website and a picture of me and my microphone and give them out to anyone interested. They stress the free audiobooks, etc. cost about $10 years ago for 500 of 'em. They work great I think and save me a lot of time explaining stuff. Just a thought.
That's a great idea!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have some business cards as well. I used a template I got from the wiki for the front and I designed the back. They're the kind you just print off at home on a regular printer with special paper and punch out. The front has the LV logo and address with a little blurb about free audiobooks. The back has my personal reader page as well as the "getting started" volunteer page.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: April 24th, 2019, 11:21 am I have some business cards as well. I used a template I got from the wiki for the front and I designed the back. They're the kind you just print off at home on a regular printer with special paper and punch out. The front has the LV logo and address with a little blurb about free audiobooks. The back has my personal reader page as well as the "getting started" volunteer page.
I've already ordered my own cards!