'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

icequeen wrote: April 13th, 2019, 8:26 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Anderson,

Thank you very much for the wonderful reading of John Lloyd Stephens
two books, "Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas and
Yucatan" (Vol. 1 & 2).

https://librivox.org/incidents-of-travel-in-central-america-chiapas-and-yucatan-vol-2-by-john-lloyd-stephens/

I have traveled to Mexico and wanted to read the books for many years,
but never had the time. But listening to you read them provided many
hours of pleasure. I learned a lot of historical information along
the way.

Thank you again for a job well done!
and...
To volunteer narrator Sue Anderson,
Thank you so much for your reading of By Ox Team to California - A Narrative of Crossing the Plains in 1860. I thoroughly enjoyed the non-fiction account of Lavinia Honeyman Porter, and I am grateful for the resource of all these books made available by Librivox and their volunteers! Your reading style is very clear and slow enough that I become entirely enveloped in the story! I also enjoyed In Dakota with General Custer.
Sincerely,

All of Sue's recordings!
Thank you so much to both LibriVox listeners who took the time to thank me for some of the books I have recorded for LibriVox over the past 11 years. Those who listen to our LibriVox books are as much of our "volunteer team" as those of us who record! Without our shared love for books and reading, where would we all be in this world?

About John Lloyd Stephens' Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas and Yucatan--That was one of the formative volumes (2 volumes, actually) I read growing up. I was part of an experimental jr. high program (7th to 9th grades) in our public school to teach foreign languages. I studied Spanish, became fascinated with all things "Mexico," and read Stephens sitting in our public library! My dad, who liked to travel, picked up on my enthusiasm, and we made the first of many winter trips to Mexico, beginning in 1953. On my website, you can see a photo of our 1949 Studebaker crossing a bridgeless Mexican river by raft http://audiobooks.oliveandseablue.com/autobio/travel/an-1880s-sojourn-in-saltillo-mexico/. Stephens wrote another two-volume set: Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, which is yet to be recorded.

You might enjoy listening to "An 1880's Sojurn in Saltillo, Mexico," a short selection which I read for Volume 48 of the LibriVox Short Non-fiction Collection: https://librivox.org/short-nonfiction-collection-vol-048-by-various/

By Ox Team to California and Boots and Saddles (Elizabeth Bacon Custer's memoir of her life with her famous husband) attest to my love for first-hand accounts of life on the frontier. If you liked those books, you would probably enjoy Amy Letters from An Officer's Wife 1871-1888 by Francis Roe: https://librivox.org/army-letters-from-an-officers-wife-1871-1888-by-frances-m-a-roe/

Thank you both for writing.
With my best wishes,

Sue
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kristin (Kristin Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Screens Channel
Mar 30, 2019, 8:21 AM
to me

Hi,
I have re-arranged your LibriVox For Music by Lord Byron
reading recording and turned into
video poetry on my Youtube channel:

https://youtu.be/QJTizjgJNwY
Stanzas for Music by Lord Byron
Waltz of the Flowers by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Reading by Kristin Hughes / LibriVox.org
I hope you like and enjoy it.
Thank you so much.
My Best Wishes.

Omer
Screens Channel

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,
I have turned your LibriVox
Is Love, Then, So Simple by Irene Rutherford Mcleod reading recording into video poetry on my Youtube channel:

https://youtu.be/SkFGnFvdDxc
Is Love, Then, So Simple by Irene Rutherford Mcleod
Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Reading by Cori Samuel / LibriVox.org
Thank you so much.
My Best Wishes.

Omer
Screens Channel

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,
I have turned your LibriVox
A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns reading recording
into video poetry on my Youtube channel:

https://youtu.be/uWWBABo1Klk
A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns
Blue Danube by Johann Strauss
Reading by Winston Tharp / LibriVox.org
Thank you so much.
My Best Wishes.

Omer
Screens Channel

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JoeDeNoia (Joseph DeNoia) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Joseph DeNoia

Thank you for dedicating your time and talent in bringing "The Castle Of The Carpathians" in audio form. I really enjoyed your rendition of this classic but sometimes over-looked Verne novel.
With regards, Teodor

https://librivox.org/the-castle-of-the-carpathians-by-jules-verne/

All of Joseph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jglange (Jonathan Lange) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Jonathan.

A big word of appreciation for your ministry in reading those Luther books and the others in the Lutheran Tradition. I have been now listening to Paulus Gerhard’s Devotions and unexpectedly edified and amazed.

Your reading and manner is well suited to the content.

With appreciation to the Lord for this work,

Professor Paul

Cape Town Baptist Seminary.

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Gabriel (Gabriel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of The Heavenly Life:

So grateful for the way this book is read. Gabriel’s voice is so soothing, and makes me want to keep listening. Thanks so very much, Gabriel, for taking the time to volunteer, and doing such a brilliant job of it.

All of Gabriel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Corpang (Corpang) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Corpang,

I really enjoyed your reading of the Volsungasaga, especially the pronunciation of the names.
Thanks so much for your efforts.

https://librivox.org/volsungasaga-by-magnusson-and-morris/

All of Corpang's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Wat een verrassing! Lange autorit voor de boeg, jeugdsentiment, Karl May, de schat in het Zilvermeer, reader Bart de Leeuw en ja hoor het is de Bart de Leeuw die ik ken....
Groet van Diederick

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for adonis (Tony Addison) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks to Tony Addison for his reading of “The Woman in White” by Wilkie Collins. His voicing of the different characters was excellent. Perhaps it was too good: I really wanted to strangle Mr. Fairlie, and he wasn’t even one of “the” villains.

Len

https://librivox.org/the-woman-in-white-version-2-by-wilkie-collins/

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I discovered John Greenman (JohnG) when I decided it was about time that I knew more about Uncle Tom's Cabin.

It was a great reading and I can see how it must have been an influential book. It is still very powerful. I have since listened to the Innocents Abroad, and Roughing It, and am almost done with The Gilded Age, all of which I have found really absorbing. I already knew that I liked Twain, because I have read Life on the Mississippi a couple of times.

I walk a couple of miles to work in the winter, so it takes a long time to listen to a book, and having librivox not expire like library audiobooks is a great thing, so thanks librivox. Interspersed with the Greenman readings, over the last few years I have enjoyed Moby Dick and the Moonstone and David Copperfield this way, each of which took many walks, and more Arthur Conan Doyle than I knew existed. Some of the other readers are good, but most are not as good as John.

I'm a scientist and engineer, and feel like I am catching up on parts of education that I missed in high school and college.

I would like to listen to more Jules Verne, but have not been too happy with the quality of the reading of those books, so John, if you are looking for new projects....

Best,

Rob

Evanston, IL

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie), Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) and Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I would like to thank everyone at LibriVox.org for creating great audio book recordings, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I have dyslexia, and while growing up, I had a hard time focusing on reading books. My mom would read my required school books to me which I greatly enjoyed. I understand that reading aloud is strenuous on the throat and takes plenty of time. I am so impressed with how well the readers read the books. I greatly appreciate readers that create solo readings of books because it helps me follow the stories better.

I would like to personally thank the following readers:
Gord Mackenzie, Thank you for reading (Rafael Sabatini). Your reading of the French names allowed me to follow the story much more easily than trying to read it. Thank you!
Adrian Praetzellis, Thank you for reading [url=https://librivox.org/treasure-island-by-robert-louis-stevenson-2/]Treasure Island
(v2) (Robert Louis Stevenson). Your story telling and ability to have a different voice for each character was fantastic. Thank you!
Mark F. Smith, Thank you for reading Kidnapped (Robert Louis Stevenson). Your reading of Stevenson's Scottish dialog was great. Thank you!

I am certain that there are other great readers out there and look forward to listening to them. Thank you all at LibriVox.org.

Sincerely,
Daniel
All of Gord's recordings!
All of Adrian's recordings!
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Gesine (Gesine) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your wonderful, sensitive reading of 'The Riddle of the Sands'.
I have listened to it repeatedly..

Best wishes
Neil

All of Gesine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LikeManyWaters (LikeManyWaters) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank likemanywaters for reading the Grace Livingston Hill books and all the readers that read Dawn of the morning. I enjoy this author's books. All of the readers do such a good job. Thank you so much!
All of LikeManyWater's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Kilmer,

I have been busy cleaning the house for several days. Thank you for keeping me company, reading The Silver Bullet. It was so nice to stay on task because I wanted to hear the end of each chapter.

I have listened to several of your recordings. I appreciate all the reading you have done to help so many!

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!