[COMPLETE] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
amelita

Post by amelita »

The first thing I thought of when the report was released: "Librivox version!" I'm soooo in.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

ktzn wrote: April 19th, 2019, 8:18 am Thanks Tricia! I pm'ed Sam an initial split of the report. He's at a conference right now, so we'll figure it out soon and assign sections.

Fair warning: It's A LOT of audio, folks, and it's technical. I had it split 25 ways -- we'll see if we break it up more. We'll have some additional instructions on how to handle the redactions and how to read legal code designations, etc.,
Just a thought as a non-American and non-legal, non-technical person: this is going to be heavy material both to read and to listen to. I'd suggest keeping the sections shorter rather than longer. I think the ideal listening length is about 30-40mins. Librivox sections can be up to 72 mins, but I think 70 mins of this kind of reading would be a hard read and a hard listen.

I don't really know anything about the subject matter, so I won't read for it but I'd like to listen to (some of) it when it is all done!

Also, the BC's are responsible for the summary for the catalogue - no spoilers! ;)

Good luck all - I'll see you on the other side!
amelita

Post by amelita »

I've been thinking about the difficulty level of this material and I have an idea on how to tackle one of the potential difficulties: the Russian names.

It would be great if we could hear both the Russian pronunciation and common Anglicization/Americanization of those entities before we read.

Toward this end, I would be happy to ask a couple Russian speakers I know if need be.

This might be a good idea for all proper names of whatever origin.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I've been following the news stories so closely that I have already heard pronunciations of a lot of the names I've seen so far. Finding pronunciations might be as easy as searching for video clips that mention those names.

Another issue is that several times I've seen the name of a Russian company or procedure followed by the Russian name or term for it -- in Cyrillic lettering. Those will need a pronunciation guide as well.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

Since I haven't heard back from my co-bc, stinssd, and I know some of you are raring to go, I've posted the sections. Hopefully they're not too onerous.

Some general rules:

- Skip the footnotes.

- For legal references, for example, "18 USC §12 (a)" read as "Title 18 United States Code Section 12 Subsection A"

If you are unsure as to what USC, CFR or any other reference means, Google is a very quick and good reference or you can ask. I'm happy to answer questions or we can figure it out together. :)

- For the Redactions (and there really are loads of them) simply say: "Redacted: Harm to Ongoing Matter" or "Redacted: Personal Privacy." and so on and so forth.

I'm at the end of a 14 hour day, so I shall let you have at it. Thanks!
_______
Kathy
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Hello, thank you!

I’ll claim:

2-3 and 13-14, please!

Thanks again!
Josh Kibbey
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 7:37 pm Hello, thank you!

I’ll claim:

2-3 and 13-14, please!

Thanks again!
They are yours. Thanks!
_______
Kathy
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

May I read sections 15-16?
Tomas Peter
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hello. May I claim section 23?
~ Stefan V.
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 8:08 pm May I read sections 15-16?
You may. Thanks!
_______
Kathy
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

svonb002 wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 8:08 pm Hello. May I claim section 23?
Absolutely. Thank you.
_______
Kathy
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

May I have 4, 5, 6 and 10, please?

Thanks.
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Ahhhh, in completing my markups of section 10 (learning legal case citations via Black's Law Dictionary, among others, and shall implore a personal resource to "Check This, Please!") please allow me to amend my request.

I would like sections 4, 5 and 10 please.

I know we all want to do a great job with this, and four sections many be a bit much for me to best handle within the two week time limit I've given myself for completion of my work on this project.

Thank you for your understanding,
~Angelique
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

BurgundyGrace wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 11:52 pm Ahhhh, in completing my markups of section 10 (learning legal case citations via Black's Law Dictionary, among others, and shall implore a personal resource to "Check This, Please!") please allow me to amend my request.

I would like sections 4, 5 and 10 please.

I know we all want to do a great job with this, and four sections many be a bit much for me to best handle within the two week time limit I've given myself for completion of my work on this project.

Thank you for your understanding,
It's not a problem. You have 4, 5 and 10. Thanks for understanding and reminding me about Black's! Great resource! I have a hard copy on my desk and completely forgot to mention it. :)
_______
Kathy
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Readers Wanted!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart