COMPLETE[PLAY]The Magnificent Lovers by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

irondog70 wrote: April 21st, 2019, 10:19 pmHere is my 1st version for Aristione(Act 1). Let me know if you want it in a different style
Please, let me know if anything else is required, especially post PL!
Thank you for allowing me the chance to play here.
It was fun! lol!
well, Cornel, ok....this was probably the most original characterization of Aristione that has ever been done. I was highly surprised that you gave her a French accent throughout. It was not really necessary, as technically she was a Greek woman in a Greek setting, so basically you did not need to give her a special accent. But that's ok, it's the reader's choice to create the character, and you definitely made her memorable like that. :lol:

She became a bit of a comic relief throughout the play now, which I think is original too. Well, it fits in a way, seeing she is so credulous about astrology. ;)

So I'll mark Acts 2-5 PL ok already.

I have only one small error to note in Act 1, also there are a few things you can remember for the next drama plays you may want to participate in, so I noted them down too:

> at 0:01: you don't have to insert "act 1" in your voice credit, this can be cut out

> at 2:05: "Why be put out by what he says?" - you forgot to say "out", which changes the meaning a bit

> at 3:51: please leave 2 seconds pause between "That is very pretty." and "Ah! Prince, pray, let us leave..." because we need to insert a quote from Iphicrates there

> at 4:23-4:26: here you can delete the lengthy pause, as it's the same quote chunk: between "a kind word for everybody" and "love for my friends"

> at 6:05-6:08: also here, same chunk, the pause can be deleted between "either to you or to me" and "Let us make use"

> at 7:26: you don't need to say "end of act 1", this is done by the narrator

just reoupload with the same filename, then I can make a spot PL.

Thanks for this entertaining performance.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Glad I checked this because the note I thought I posted last night is not here. So, here is my question, before I record the stage directions.

Do you want me to include the scene titles with character names, without character names, or neither.

Example:

SCENE V.——ERIPHYLE, SOSTRATUS, CHORŒBUS.

or

SCENE V.——

or neither.

Some scenes are quite short.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 8:04 am Do you want me to include the scene titles with character names, without character names, or neither.

Example:

yes please, so far with Molière's plays we always included the names as written before each scene. Thanks for checking !

Sonia
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi Sonia,
I've tried to make her funny and the voice was the only tool available hehehe. I've opted for the heavy (close to French) accent as the path to a silly Aristione, mother princess. It's Moliere after all! All of them are French (somehow :) )and some could be from different regions of France too.

Here is the corrected version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_aristione_1_128kb.mp3
Please, let me know if anything else is needed on this part.

Merci,
Cornel :)
Cornel Nemes
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 8:07 am
silverquill wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 8:04 am Do you want me to include the scene titles with character names, without character names, or neither.

Example:

yes please, so far with Molière's plays we always included the names as written before each scene. Thanks for checking !

Sonia
Okay, that's fine.
Another question. Usually I would start "Act I of ...... " dislcaimer. But this one begins with the First Interlude, then Act I. I guess I could do the regular intro, then "Interlude" and maybe repeat "Act I" before the dialog begins.

Also, any special way to handle the "Persons Represented?" Not all of the parts as we've assigned them are there, or do you just want this put together from the individual voice credits?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

In the "Persons Represented", please include everyone that is in the MW. In case I am missing some voice credits when I assemble the play.

Yes, include "Act 1 after the initial interlude.

Thanks, Todd
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Is this really a "redo" as you say, or did you just fix where the PL found problems? (In other words, does Sonia need to listen everywhere again, or just at the noted spots?)

Thanks, Todd
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Not a real redo. A corrected version of the initially submitted one, per the PL Notes.
Sorry for the confusion. It needs a PL Spot only( I hope I'm using thee correct technical name).
Cornel Nemes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just for confirmation, you only corrected the voice credit, right ? Nothing else changed ? Because I only Spot PLed that part and it's now PL ok.

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

irondog70 wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 7:54 pmNot a real redo. A corrected version of the initially submitted one, per the PL Notes.
Sorry for the confusion. It needs a PL Spot only( I hope I'm using thee correct technical name).
it's ok, Todd meant thestorygirl, not you, when he asked the question.

I Spot PLed your parts and all is now PL ok. Thank you :)

Sonia
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Oops!
Sorry, I think I'm the only one here! Hahahaha.
Gracias! :)
Cornel Nemes
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Kitty wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 3:44 am
just for confirmation, you only corrected the voice credit, right ? Nothing else changed ? Because I only Spot PLed that part and it's now PL ok.

thank you

Sonia
Sorry for the confusion-- yes, not a total redo, just fixed my mistake up.
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

You guys can check out my first blooper clip I've ever uploaded to the Blooper thread, while doing this project. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: April 24th, 2019, 11:49 am You guys can check out my first blooper clip I've ever uploaded to the Blooper thread, while doing this project. :wink:
just checked it :lol: what happened there ? washing machine ? I guess sometimes one just has to sit it out.

Sonia