[COMPLETE]World's Story 7: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jim, I put it in the MW, but I'm sorry I cannot get around to PLing today. It was a bit hectic all day and now I am tired. Tomorrow I will give it a listen, promised. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No apologies necessary. Life, rest, family, everything comes before me, and I would have it no other way. Consider me incidental, please. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 16th, 2019, 12:05 pmNo apologies necessary. Life, rest, family, everything comes before me, and I would have it no other way. Consider me incidental, please. :mrgreen:
aww no, I would never consider you incidental, Jim ! And I always try to finish the outstanding PL jobs each day, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

In any case, your section is PL ok. This is a very famous scene from the Nibelungen, and I always thought Siegfried and Gunther were fallen very low to cheat Brunhilde thus :lol: Not really very chivalric.

Thanks for the nice narration again !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good. Thanks for all you do. Yeah, very underhanded business in the entrapment of beautiful Brunhild. :roll: Have a good day! :thumbs:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 35 - Handel (time 11:08)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_035_tappan_128kb.mp3

As a devoted Handelian I felt I had to read this even though most of it is apocryphal and some of it simply wrong.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 17th, 2019, 10:21 amSection 35 - Handel (time 11:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_035_tappan_128kb.mp3
As a devoted Handelian I felt I had to read this even though most of it is apocryphal and some of it simply wrong.
I'm sorry that this text must have hurt your sensibility, if you are devoted to Handel's music. I don't know much about him, so I wouldn't know if there were any glaring errors. What was wrong for example ? Unfortunately we have to read the text as written, so we need to leave the apocryphal errors in. :? Of course with time, the scholars probably found out more about him, which maybe the author back then didn't really know yet.

Nicely read though and PL ok :) Thanks, Alan !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Sonia,
May I also claim 56, 63, and 78?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: April 18th, 2019, 2:34 pm May I also claim 56, 63, and 78?
of course, thank you :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:27 pm Here is 24:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_024_tappan_128kb.mp3 6.14 KB
6:32
an interesting section about Gutenberg, thank you so much for the flawless narration, yet again :9:

PL ok.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter !!!

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia. And happy holiday to you as well. Jim :)
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 6:40 am Section 90 - Walter Furst
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_090_furst_128kb.mp3
oh I love this part, Alan. And you play him very well, a mix between strong courage but also not averse to begging if it needs be. And in the end he is palpably shocked and relieved that the whole shooting had a good ending. :thumbs: Nicely done. If ever we do this whole play for LV (we should) I think you should play the part in full.

One line missing though:

> at about 0:44: (p. 498): please insert: Furst, aside to Melchthal, who can scarcely restrain his impatience: "Command yourself, - be calm, I beg of you !"

You also didn't read the crowd exclamation "The apple has been struck !" on page 504, but I guess, since Furst then staggers and is about to fall, maybe he didn't take part in that exclamation but only just now realized what happened. So you need not include that. I guess I will get enough voices for the crowd anyway.

Thank you

Sonia
Abhinash2019

Post by Abhinash2019 »

I would like to read the section no 95 The Baron of Raron and the ''Mazze'' (fifteenth century), by J. Wilson. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Abhinash2019 wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 7:51 amI would like to read the section no 95 The Baron of Raron and the ''Mazze'' (fifteenth century), by J. Wilson. :)
hello and a warm welcome to LibriVox, and this project in particular. :D I will reserve you the section and it's great that you want to start with a short section for the beginning :thumbs:

Before you start recording though, please complete your one-minute-test and post it in a new thread in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21
then we can check whether your technical settings are all up to LV standard. Much better to iron out the kinks right from the start ;) As soon as you got an official OK on your test, you can start recording section 95. All the details for intro/outro and filenaming are mentioned in the first two posts on page 1.

Also, as you are a new reader, could you tell me what reader name you want to use for your personal reader page ? Can be your real name, or forumname or any pseudonym you want. Just let me know.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your test and see you soon.

Sonia