COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Ok, got my second act recorded! Wasn't quite sure if I was supposed to read the 'Men' or 'Ladies' or both or neither, so I just chose the Men as my character is a man :D. Do with it as you will (or don't use it at all :wink:).

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jeyes_2_128kb.mp3
0:34
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 20th, 2019, 7:04 pmHere is Sibyl, who is very shy and not talking much. Not on her own, at least...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_sibyl_2_128kb.mp3
yes, they only speak in chorus, which I find highly strange :lol: but nicely done, I like the voice you are doing here, quite fitted for a hopeful young stage beauty. PL ok :thumbs:

Todd: I think the reason whey the beauties seem to speak all their lines 4 times is that actually each of them would say the same thing only once. It's a bit unfortunate to have the line written down 4 times in this case, but it makes more sense that they would speak it pell-mell together, only once each. Maybe worth considering in the assembling phase later on.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 20th, 2019, 8:50 pmOk, got my second act recorded! Wasn't quite sure if I was supposed to read the 'Men' or 'Ladies' or both or neither, so I just chose the Men as my character is a man :D. Do with it as you will (or don't use it at all :wink:).
actually when I recorded my lines for Jimmie I found out more about the Jeyes subterfuge in Act 2. He wasn't invited to the party, but he went anyway, under disguise of the Bearded Waiter, so you have to read the lines for the Bearded Waiter as well. It becomes especially clear just before he switches to Jeyes again: "The Bearded Waiter [Speaking in the voice of Jeyes.] Thoroughly."

Todd: this means we have one role less in the MW, the bearded waiter can be deleted as it's supposed to be Jeyes.

That also means, I would say, that you should not speak any "Men" lines at all, since the waiter probably won't join in the chorus of congratulations and welcomes. Jeyes would take care not to draw attention to hinself. As you can see, the bearded waiter always hovers about, listening to them all, spying on his girlfriend, but not speaking much. Only Luigi seems to know about the disguise, as becomes clear in the end.

So bottom line:

> 0:01-0:19: all the "men" lines can be deleted, as I think we should not include Jeyes voice in this chorus. Instead, please record the Bearded Waiter lines here:

> [Sitting upon the settee, gruffly.] Luigi.
> [Taking out a handful of money and selecting some gold from it.] Here! [Putting the gold into Luigi’s palm.] For your chaps.
> [Giving some more gold pieces to Luigi.] For you.
> [Speaking in the voice of Jeyes.] Thoroughly. [Quietly, between his teeth.] Warm work, though! [Rising slowly, like a man with stiff joints.] I’ll be off now, with your permission.

then come Jeyes' lines which you already recorded, but in the end you missed one final word:

> [He slouches away to the door on the left and there stops, listening. There is the sound of people approaching, singing uproariously and shouting and laughing.] Hullo!

thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Kitty wrote: April 21st, 2019, 6:50 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 20th, 2019, 8:50 pmOk, got my second act recorded! Wasn't quite sure if I was supposed to read the 'Men' or 'Ladies' or both or neither, so I just chose the Men as my character is a man :D. Do with it as you will (or don't use it at all :wink:).
actually when I recorded my lines for Jimmie I found out more about the Jeyes subterfuge in Act 2. He wasn't invited to the party, but he went anyway, under disguise of the Bearded Waiter, so you have to read the lines for the Bearded Waiter as well. It becomes especially clear just before he switches to Jeyes again: "The Bearded Waiter [Speaking in the voice of Jeyes.] Thoroughly."

Todd: this means we have one role less in the MW, the bearded waiter can be deleted as it's supposed to be Jeyes.

That also means, I would say, that you should not speak any "Men" lines at all, since the waiter probably won't join in the chorus of congratulations and welcomes. Jeyes would take care not to draw attention to hinself. As you can see, the bearded waiter always hovers about, listening to them all, spying on his girlfriend, but not speaking much. Only Luigi seems to know about the disguise, as becomes clear in the end.

So bottom line:

> 0:01-0:19: all the "men" lines can be deleted, as I think we should not include Jeyes voice in this chorus. Instead, please record the Bearded Waiter lines here:

> [Sitting upon the settee, gruffly.] Luigi.
> [Taking out a handful of money and selecting some gold from it.] Here! [Putting the gold into Luigi’s palm.] For your chaps.
> [Giving some more gold pieces to Luigi.] For you.
> [Speaking in the voice of Jeyes.] Thoroughly. [Quietly, between his teeth.] Warm work, though! [Rising slowly, like a man with stiff joints.] I’ll be off now, with your permission.

then come Jeyes' lines which you already recorded, but in the end you missed one final word:

> [He slouches away to the door on the left and there stops, listening. There is the sound of people approaching, singing uproariously and shouting and laughing.] Hullo!

thanks !

Sonia
Wow! Complex plot line! Hope that I managed to do it right this time :D.

0:49
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 21st, 2019, 1:30 pmWow! Complex plot line! Hope that I managed to do it right this time :D.
yep, everything in now as far as I can see. :thumbs: PL ok.

Todd: I guess we don't need the voice credit to run as "Jeyes and the Bearded Waiter", what do you think ? I think for an audience this will come as a surprise as well then, since Jeyes only speaks right at the end of being the waiter, so before that, they only hear him lurking about via the narrator's comments. So it would be best not to make a spoiler. Anyway, the bearded waiter is not a different character, but Jeyes all along.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I agree that the Jeyes voice credit should not include the spoiler about the bearded waiter.

Thanks, Todd
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Hello,
Here is the complete recording for Mrs. Upjohn, mother of Lily Paradell, Act 1. The total recording is 8 minutes and 33 seconds.
Tracy :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_mrsupjohn_1_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 19th, 2019, 8:19 am Todd, I finished Jimmie Birch just now (and had fun doing that). I love playing the tough "best buddy".

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jimmiebirch_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:41 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jimmiebirch_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:34 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jimmiebirch_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:42 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jimmiebirch_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:57 min.

Now I am back to working off my PL-job-backlog. Aaron: stay tuned, you're not forgotten. I only sometimes want to record my own stuff as well ;)

Sonia
What a stunningly wonderful performance! I can picture you so well in these recordings. Great. PL OK!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 2:02 pmWhat a stunningly wonderful performance! I can picture you so well in these recordings. Great. PL OK!
oh ! :oops: thank you, Todd. I'm glad you liked it. I really liked her character, maybe that's why I was so into it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DuckTD wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 12:41 pmHere is the complete recording for Mrs. Upjohn, mother of Lily Paradell, Act 1.
wonderful job, Tracy, now that I listened to it all. I totally enjoy Mrs Upjohn's accent and the way you portray her. :9: Highly entertaining. Also, nothing missing as far as I can see. You don't have to say "End of Act 1" at the end, as this will be done by the narrator. There were also a few places where you left a bit too much space, even though it was all in the same quote-block. But no need to reupload, Todd will adjust the pauses anyway in the final assembling phase. :)

Thank you, Act 1 is PL ok. And looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne for two excellent performances. Enid is quite the flirt and trying to milk the Baron for his money :lol: And poor Maud only seems to be happy when she's verbally abused :mrgreen: Good you made her voice a bit darker, quite fitting. :thumbs:

Both acts for Maud and Act 2 for Enid are already PL ok.

a few PL notes for Enid Act 3 through, some missed lines:

> at about 0:23: please insert: “Poor Bertie! Pity he has this little failing.
> at about 0:26: insert: “Be they ebon or blond, Of the gals I am fond;——”! Ha, ha, ha, ha!
> at about 0:29: missing “All” line: “Bravo, Lal !

thanks !

Sonia