[COMPLETE]SOLO Stories of the Scottish Border by Mr and Mrs William Platt - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hey so sorry I forgot about these chapters! I will pl them tomorrow.
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:23 pmHi. Not sure what happens now. How do I submit a revised intro?
so yes, as you can see, a few sections have PL notes in the MW. You need to check the page where Tiffany wrote down the notes you need to correct.

Very important: PLEASE do not re-record the entire section again :? Just do spot corrections, maybe only re-recording that one sentence where the error occured. If you re-record it all, Tiffany will have to relisten to it all, and this will be a lot of time spent for both you and her. While with Spot PL it can be so much quicker, since we can be sure that the rest of the text doesn't have any errors.

So if you change anything that she didn't mention in her PL notes, please give her the exact time-stamp and what you changed, then it will be easier for her to do the Spot check.

Ok, once your section is corrected, please rename it with the exact same filename and reupload just like you uploaded the intial section. The old file will then get replaced with the new file in the MW, so for that the name needs to be exactly the same.

That's all. Once you uploaded the new section, set the status in the MW to "Ready for Spot PL", so Tiffany will be alerted that there is something she can check again.

:)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sections 20 and 47-52 arePL OK!
I think I ran them through the checker and they were fine but I cannot remember for sure so I marked them ok, but will put them through the checker again tomorrow just to make sure.
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/storiesofthescottishborder_01_platt_128kb.mp3

Please note that I have added the names of the writers at the beginning of the recording. I have also added at 01.57 'Section 1'. The end of the recording is now: 'End of Section 1'

I've checked the levels, and added a few seconds at the end.

Judith
Last edited by Jhiu on April 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

I seem to have lost my copy of Section 2.

Can I get it from the Workflow?

Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You can download it from the mw :)
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Volume of other sections now adjusted.
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Sorry. How do I download from MW?
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

If you have windows right click on the link and choose 'save as' then you can choose where to save it, your desktop for example. If you are using something else I am not sure, but probably a similar idea...
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I was a bit curious and had a listen to the final section :) Nice reading, Judith. This will be a cool project.

I only noticed one thing, your ending silence is almost 10 seconds. :? We have a standard of 5 seconds that we should put at the end, everything above that is too excessive long. (you can read about this detail in the first post) Not sure if you did this on every recording now, I guess Tiffany would have flagged it in that case, but be careful for your future sections with this small technical detail.

Also: three sections have a bit of a deviating file name. They are already PL ok, so no need to reupload, but I made a note in the MW so I won't forget to change them before I archive.

In any case, we're almost done here :9: Did you manage to download section 2 like Tiffany explained ?

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Hi. I managed to keep to 5 seconds at the end of most sections. I'm sorry about the final one.

I haven't done anything for a while because I've been ill, and 'hors de combat'. Am beginning to feel better now, thank goodness.

Will check on the download as per instructions.

Really looking forward to my next project.

Speak soon.

Judith
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: April 25th, 2019, 3:17 amHi. I managed to keep to 5 seconds at the end of most sections. I'm sorry about the final one.
yes it's not that dramatic if in one section it's not strictly 5, but 10 is a bit much :lol: and we try to stay consistent usually. But it's ok for this time. I just didn't know whether you were aware of it, that's why I mentioned it.
I haven't done anything for a while because I've been ill, and 'hors de combat'. Am beginning to feel better now, thank goodness.
sorry to hear you were ill. Hope all is well soon !

Take care

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I will get to pling tomorrow! I have a nasty bacterial infection in my throat, so I am sick as well :roll: but I think I am slowly mending now, so hopefully we are both all better soon!
~Tiffany