COMPLETE [PLAY] The Vegetable by F. Scott Fitzgerald - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 31st, 2019, 8:14 pm Hello-

May I please get an extension of a week to finish editing my files?

Thank you!
No problem! I'll set the extension to April 7 in the MW. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I appreciate it!
Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Here's "Dada" for Act 1!

The plan is to get the other two (Act 3 is particularly small for Dada) in today, as well, but since I have to step away from my computer for a little bit I wanted to get the first file in so there's movement.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_horatio_1_128kb.mp3
2:45

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for these, Josh! Sonia will have them PL'ed tomorrow. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brilliant, Josh :clap: :lol: I love the way you're doing Dada. He is constantly alternating between being jovial and being utterly doddering. This is an excellent characterization. And the many chuckles, and sniffles and yawns you're bringing into the play make it all the more livelier. And I absolutely adore your well rounded-often repeated "Horrrratio" 8-) you had fun doing that one, I can tell :mrgreen:

Absolutely a great job.

Dada 1 and 3 are already PL ok.

There's a missing part in Act 2 though:

> at about 2:08: (p. 90): please insert: “I don’t like you. You’re a very forward young girl. Your parents brought you up very unsuccessfully indeed.”

thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Haha thanks Sonia for your feedback and work! If you're one who's inclined to record the part before reading the play then Dada is the part for you...considering he doesn't hear anybody half the time. The other half he probably just doesn't care.

It was fun to come back to him, especially in the middle of recording Moliere.

Here's corrected Dada Act 2 lines. Additional line inserted at 2:08.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_horatio_2_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: April 4th, 2019, 4:56 pm It was fun to come back to him, especially in the middle of recording Moliere.
:lol: well Dada would have fitted into a Molière play as well :mrgreen: Thanks, Josh, inserted line perfectly PL ok now.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

mightyfelix wrote: April 18th, 2019, 11:48 am Narrator for act 1 came out to 42:03.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Devorah!

I'm not sure if Act 1 as it is now will fit the time limit, so we'll have wait and see once it gets edited. If it doesn't it'll have to be broken up into two parts.
Tomas Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sure thing. I can go ahead and include an "act 1 part 1" and "act 1 part 2" intro and outro in the next file, if you want.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: April 18th, 2019, 11:48 am Narrator for act 1 came out to 42:03.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
phewww, a long job, and excellently narrated, Devorah :thumbs: It was fun listening to it all, even without the characters speaking :lol: The narrator is really part of the play here with witty side-remarks. Reminds me of my narrator job in the two "frightful comedies". :mrgreen:

Excellent choice to repeat those sentences where people might insert their lines. So Tomas can decide which ones will sound better.

I have only a few small edits to note down:

> at 0:21: I notice you left out the whole voice credits... well, if Tomas doesn't insist, we can risk it and I guess since there are no special descriptions I guess everybody will hand in their voice credits correctly. But maybe saying "Dramatis Personae" would be the narrator's job as well, so I would include this here at least

> at 14:21: (p. 19) "Dada, he has reached the bookcase..." - here you need to say the name "Dada", because otherwise it will sound as if Jerry had reached the bookcase, because he was just speaking

> at 15:14: (p. 19) "Dada, he doesn't hear" - same here, name needs to be included

> at 27:28: (p. 34) "Jerry, he's attempting to conciliate her" - I may be mistaken but I hear "she's attempting" :hmm:

that's all, the rest is perfect. Since you reupload anyway, you could include the intro and outro for Part 1 and Part 2 as well.

Thanks

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:22 pm
> at 0:21: I notice you left out the whole voice credits... well, if Tomas doesn't insist, we can risk it and I guess since there are no special descriptions I guess everybody will hand in their voice credits correctly. But maybe saying "Dramatis Personae" would be the narrator's job as well, so I would include this here at least
I wondered about that, actually, but didn't think of it until I was ready to upload. Since there was no character list given in the book, I wasn't sure how to handle it. "Dramatis Personae" added.
> at 14:21: (p. 19) "Dada, he has reached the bookcase..." - here you need to say the name "Dada", because otherwise it will sound as if Jerry had reached the bookcase, because he was just speaking

> at 15:14: (p. 19) "Dada, he doesn't hear" - same here, name needs to be included
I thought it would sound strange and redundant to have "Dada, he..." Still, if that's the case, it'll be easy to cut it later. This is corrected.
> at 27:28: (p. 34) "Jerry, he's attempting to conciliate her" - I may be mistaken but I hear "she's attempting" :hmm:
I had another listen, and I hear "he," although I guess the "h" is somewhat harder than usual. I left this alone.
Since you reupload anyway, you could include the intro and outro for Part 1 and Part 2 as well.
These are added at the very end.

I've just finished recording act 3 (it's short) and will try to have it edited in a few days.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: April 20th, 2019, 12:02 pmI thought it would sound strange and redundant to have "Dada, he..."
no I don't find this particularly strange to be honest. It's like treating a parenthesis, one can well say "Dada (he has reached the bookcase) speaks..." etc Didn't sound off to me
I had another listen, and I hear "he," although I guess the "h" is somewhat harder than usual. I left this alone.
now this is interesting, yesterday evening I listened through the normal computer loudspeakers and I thought I heard "she", and this evening I listened with earplugs and I clearly hear "he". Different sounds reaching my ears probably :hmm:

This is PL ok now, thanks !
I've just finished recording act 3 (it's short) and will try to have it edited in a few days.
really short, or only short compared to Act 1 ? :lol:

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: April 20th, 2019, 12:41 pm
really short, or only short compared to Act 1 ? :lol:
Good question! I'll let you know after editing's done. :wink: Definitely shorter than act 2, though, which is why I skipped that one for now. I only had about 45 minutes available to record.