[COMPLETE] Courage by Ruth Ogden (Dramatic Reading) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

So what you are saying is that when you upload the correct file, the link in the MW is automatically updated? That's amazing !! Often, when I upload a corrected file I have to use the uploader in an incognito window, and then post the link, otherwise, I end up with the link to the file with mistakes :?

Either way, thank you both!
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Please, please MC, correct me if I am wrong!

As long as a person uploads and updated file with the same name as the first one, all links to that file in the MW (or other places) will go to the most recently updated file with that name.

In other words, the MW isn't "automatically updated", it just needs no update to the LINK. Only, for Chapters, if the TIME/LENGTH has changed, the BC would have to update that (but that would be only concerning Chapters, not Parts).
April
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

LikeManyWaters wrote: April 19th, 2019, 9:38 am Please, please MC, correct me if I am wrong!

As long as a person uploads and updated file with the same name as the first one, all links to that file in the MW (or other places) will go to the most recently updated file with that name.

In other words, the MW isn't "automatically updated", it just needs no update to the LINK. Only, for Chapters, if the TIME/LENGTH has changed, the BC would have to update that (but that would be only concerning Chapters, not Parts).
Correct. If the file name (and uploaded folder) is exactly the same as before - if the URL to the file is exactly the same - then the link in the MW goes to the newest file. The house address hasn't changed, although there may be new furniture or inhabitants in the house. If the reader changes the file name or uploads to a different folder, the URL is no longer pointing to the newest file, because the furniture has been delivered to a different house, and the MW still has the old address.

That said, if a reader posts a URL for the new file, I always copy/paste it in, JUST IN CASE there's a slight change to the address. Better safe than sorry. :) But on, say, my solo projects, I don't post the URL to edited files, because I know the address is exactly the same.

Clear as mud?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Sure! Thanks Tricia. I love metaphors. 8-)
April
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Clear! Thanks!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

That is something I didn't know. Wow, that would have been nice to know earlier :lol: Thanks for the tips!
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Good Morning,
Here is williamwhite's Boy role (sorry - I didn't want to log out and back in, just to upload the audio.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_boy_6_128kb.mp3

If it sounds to stilted, let me know, and we can try rerecording some of the lines.
Thanks! He had a lot of fun doing it. (Though he was hesitant about the slang and the language.)

Another note. At one point the word couldnt is in quotes. I went ahead and had William say it, but I believe it is just part if the text, not something said by the character.
Aaron
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 20th, 2019, 6:26 am Good Morning,
Here is williamwhite's Boy role (sorry - I didn't want to log out and back in, just to upload the audio.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_boy_6_128kb.mp3

If it sounds to stilted, let me know, and we can try rerecording some of the lines.
Thanks! He had a lot of fun doing it. (Though he was hesitant about the slang and the language.)

Another note. At one point the word couldnt is in quotes. I went ahead and had William say it, but I believe it is just part if the text, not something said by the character.
Aaron
Aaron, sorry I missed this before. Thank you!
And, I will cross check the word. Since it has been recorded already, if it is not part of the dialogue, I can edit it.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Got to step in for a small part and ask if I can play Big Bob :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 6:08 am Got to step in for a small part and ask if I can play Big Bob :D
Of course! Have fun :)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Oh goodness, I must have forgot to subsribe to the topic :shock: Very sorry for the holdup, I will get to PLing later today!
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

ej400 wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 8:25 am Oh goodness, I must have forgot to subscribe to the topic :shock: Very sorry for the holdup, I will get to PLing later today!
No worries!
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page