COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wasters by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Sonia,
Actually no, none of these options suit my needs..... I just have difficulties convincing people that, though I have the most terribly German name and am a German living in Germany, I feel anything but that. I just hadn’t noticed it is so much lately as in my job, one doesn’t normally use my first name, and my colleagues and friends know me well enough...
Anyway, I hope to give Mrs Goodsir a good busybody-skittish kind of voice. :)
Regards,
Ulrike
We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Sonia,
I've decided to give it a go before getting buried in marking...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_mrs.goodsir_2_128kb_.mp3
Here are the bits pertaining to Mrs Goodsir, I believe that's it.
It's 44 s; I don't know if that matters, as it will be cut up anyway, and I didn't notice any noises I could've made.
Regards,
Ulrike
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Denisette wrote: April 8th, 2019, 1:27 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_mrs.goodsir_2_128kb_.mp3
Here are the bits pertaining to Mrs Goodsir, I believe that's it.
It's 44 s; I don't know if that matters, as it will be cut up anyway, and I didn't notice any noises I could've made.
it doesn't matter so much but it's always good to know from the start how long a section is, so the DPL knows how much time they will need to check. Sometimes they have time for small ones but not for long ones.

And you're absolutely great as the busy-body customer here :clap: I really loved your short role, and the character you gave her. I can picture her well in her prim hat and costume, looking around for stockings. :mrgreen:

Excellent job, and I hope it's not the last time I hear you in a play. No errors at all, immediately PL ok. Just careful, at one point (0:30) you forgot to leave the 2 seconds of silence between quotes. It's ok, Todd will manage to copy them out as there is still a bit of silence, so no need to reupload for this time, especially because you don't have any other errors.

Thank you for the fast turn-around !

Sonia
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Sonia,
Thanks, I’m relieved. I’m missing our play-readings, so this is almost as good and great fun!
Just incidentally, for my corpse-role I did actually have to buy real stockings!!! :D I wore them again as an 80-year-old senile lady two weeks ago.
Best,
Ulrike
Last edited by Denisette on April 9th, 2019, 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Denisette wrote: April 8th, 2019, 3:08 pmI wore them again as an 80-year-old senile lady two weeks ago.
you're versatile, that's handy. Here you can also alternate between playing an old senile lady and a crazy teenager, and everything in between :lol: I'm sure you fit right in here.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Here is my Anthony Clibborn. Didn't care much for him at first, but as things carried on - I found myself sympathizing and almost caring for him at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_anthonyclibborn_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_anthonyclibborn_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_anthonyclibborn_3_128kb.mp3

Thanks everyone. Super-fun, as always.
Aaron
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 11:54 amHere is my Anthony Clibborn. Didn't care much for him at first, but as things carried on - I found myself sympathizing and almost caring for him at the end.
awww, yes I know what you mean in the end....he is so endearingly happy to find out he has a son. Although I'm not sure how happy MRS Clibborn will be when she finds this out :lol: Also I'm not so sure that Guy will accept this new father with open arms ;) As so often, it would be very interesting to read a sequel of this play.

In any case, you have played Clibborn to perfection. I really loved the character you gave him, flaws and all. He is a mixture between bumbling, yet strict person. Very interesting. And totally PL ok. Great job, Aaron. Thank you for taking part here. :9:

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2019, 12:34 pm Great job, Aaron. Thank you for taking part here. :9:

Sonia
No thanks to you guys. This is quickly becoming my favorite hobby. Thanks for turning me onto the plays as well. Incidentally - this is my 100th post!!!

:D :clap:
Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 12:39 pmNo thanks to you guys. This is quickly becoming my favorite hobby. Thanks for turning me onto the plays as well. Incidentally - this is my 100th post!!!
congrats :clap: And yes, I understand about favourite hobby. I never thought I would get so hooked on drama, but I did :9: Well, there will be plenty more to come, I can assure you ! Hope to hear you in many more.

Sonia
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Hi -

In section 1, Act 2, is the part of Mrs. Megget still available? I'd like to read it, if so.

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

BABY: Oh, John, if he grows like Maggs!

JOHN: He's the most beautiful shop-walker that ever walked a shop.
Just call me "Fabio"... :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_maggs_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_maggs_3_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. It may not be neccessary, but it can't hurt to mention, that the Cornish surname "Dangar" is pronounced with a hard 'G'.

P.P.S. I just wanted to add... in order to time my reactions to the people I have dialogue with, I have listened to the various voice-parts that are available.

I’m curious... Denisette, from your recording plus your forum location, I would’ve sworn you were an Englishwoman living in Germany, but I’ve just noticed that your name is Ulrike.

If English is not your first language, that is one amazingly accomplished accent you have developed. :)

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

(Oops. I just noticed again that I have to PL the Stage Directions. I forgot. Sorry Sonia!)

Todd