[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Chapter 1 is edited and ready for PL by Elijah (right?):

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Hopefully the filename is OK, I kind of had to come up with one on my own but I copied the edited-filename from the Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm DR.

Oh, yeah, and you can stop listening at 1:29. That's where the editing ends, and the rest of the time it's just the narrator- and I already PLed that. :thumbs:

Thanks!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I can certainly do that. You know you can just look in the MW right? To check if a Chapter is ready to edit? I can still do it though, no problem. :D <smile>
ej400

Post by ej400 »

PL notes for Chapter 1.

@ 0:21 The sentence ends with a dash (-) so i would sound like bhavya is being interrupted, I think that was the author's intent. But there are almost a full two seconds of silence before the questioner comes in :( Can you remove just enough time, to make it sound like an interruption?

It's your choice is you want to fix that. It's only 1 little thing and I don't want to be picky. Thank you! :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 6:55 am PL notes for Chapter 1.

@ 0:21 The sentence ends with a dash (-) so i would sound like bhavya is being interrupted, I think that was the author's intent. But there are almost a full two seconds of silence before the questioner comes in :( Can you remove just enough time, to make it sound like an interruption?

It's your choice is you want to fix that. It's only 1 little thing and I don't want to be picky. Thank you! :D <smile>
Oh yeah, sure! That's a super easy fix. The only thing is, for some reason I deleted the .AUP files from my computer and only kept the audio track (now why on earth did I do that?) so I need to redownload those files. But it's not a big deal, I can just download the completed file instead of editing all over again.

I didn't know I could just look in the MW. I mean, I did, but only 1 chapter was ready to edit...never mind. I don't know what I was thinking- I guess you'll note it yourself in the MW when a chapter is ready to edit, I just assumed that more than 1 chapters were ready to edit, but they weren't put in the MW yet.

Thanks!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Corrected chapter 1, ready for spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Edit @0:21. It should sound fine now- I'll just go and change the status in the MW, though.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Elijah,

Just a reminder: Please don't forget to change the status of the chapters. (Chapter 1 still said Ready for PL even when you had put PL notes for it.) Although, I do know it might have been because you said it was optional- you may have been holding off on changing the status for that reason.
I'm honestly not trying to be mean or bossy or anything, it just helps if I know at a glance the status of a chapter.

Thank you and God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 8:33 am Oh yeah, sure! That's a super easy fix. The only thing is, for some reason I deleted the .AUP files from my computer and only kept the audio track (now why on earth did I do that?) so I need to redownload those files. But it's not a big deal, I can just download the completed file instead of editing all over again.

I didn't know I could just look in the MW. I mean, I did, but only 1 chapter was ready to edit...never mind. I don't know what I was thinking- I guess you'll note it yourself in the MW when a chapter is ready to edit, I just assumed that more than 1 chapters were ready to edit, but they weren't put in the MW yet.

Thanks!
Rachel,

The .aup Audacity files take a lot of computer memory. Unless you are using a Label Track you can save the working files as .flac to save computer space when you are editing.

Using the .mp3 files is also okay. Technically there is a loss when using the .mp3, but it undetectable to most human ears unless the .mp3 has been the process of saving, editing, and re-opening the files has been done many many times.

David O
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Glump?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ej400

Post by ej400 »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 18th, 2019, 6:16 pm Can I have Glump?
Yes you may, thank you for claiming!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 8:53 am Hi Elijah,

Just a reminder: Please don't forget to change the status of the chapters. (Chapter 1 still said Ready for PL even when you had put PL notes for it.) Although, I do know it might have been because you said it was optional- you may have been holding off on changing the status for that reason.
I'm honestly not trying to be mean or bossy or anything, it just helps if I know at a glance the status of a chapter.

Thank you and God bless,
Rachel
Oops sorry. You don't sound bossy.. I need to do my part. I will make sure to change it's status when I PL next time :thumbs: <thumbsup>
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Chapter 1 is PERFECT! I love it! PL OK! That's exactly the interruption I was looking forward to hearing. Never wanted an interruption as badly in my life! :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 9:33 pm Chapter 1 is PERFECT! I love it! PL OK! That's exactly the interruption I was looking forward to hearing. Never wanted an interruption as badly in my life! :D <smile>
:lol: Thanks! Glad to hear you liked it! I cut the silence to suit my own ears, but wasn't sure if it would sound OK to you.

Thank you!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

dlolso21 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 12:22 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 8:33 am Oh yeah, sure! That's a super easy fix. The only thing is, for some reason I deleted the .AUP files from my computer and only kept the audio track (now why on earth did I do that?) so I need to redownload those files. But it's not a big deal, I can just download the completed file instead of editing all over again.

Thanks!
Rachel,

The .aup Audacity files take a lot of computer memory. Unless you are using a Label Track you can save the working files as .flac to save computer space when you are editing.

Using the .mp3 files is also okay. Technically there is a loss when using the .mp3, but it undetectable to most human ears unless the .mp3 has been the process of saving, editing, and re-opening the files has been done many many times.

David O
Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you!

What I do is I download the MP3 files by clicking Save Target As, then go to Open Folder and drag the MP3 file into Audacity, thus converting it into soundwaves that I can edit. I actually don't save the Audacity files since, like you said, it usually takes up too much space, so I only save the audio track. That way I can just download the .mp3 file again if I need to edit it.
It seems to be working for me, though, so I'll see what happens.
Thanks for your feedback!

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you! I'll PL all your stuff soon...I've just been super busy. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~