COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Awesome! :) Now I can resume editing Act 5 and hopefully finish today or tomorrow.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Act 5 is ready for PL! A lot of chaos here... and little resolution. :P

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_5_wycherley_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 26th, 2019, 7:28 pmAct 5 is ready for PL! A lot of chaos here... and little resolution. :P
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_5_wycherley_128kb.mp3
hehe :clap: an excellent finale, Tomas. It's really a lot of confusion with all the people in this final scene. I also loved that scene where the three ladies drink with Horner, it worked out quite well, now I hear it all assembled.

No need to change anything, it's PL ok for me. Good job, Tomas !

nearing the end here...

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Sonia! :) Yes, so close to the end. I'll begin editing Act 3 very soon, and then hopefully the last two files come in so I can jump to Act 4.
Tomas Peter
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm very sorry, I didn't realize I'm holding this one back... :oops:

Here's a corrected margery of act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_margery_4_128kb.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: March 28th, 2019, 3:18 amI'm very sorry, I didn't realize I'm holding this one back... :oops:
no worries yet, we are still waiting for TJ's 4th act ;) But thanks for the excellent corrections, it's PL ok now. :thumbs:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 28th, 2019, 4:57 am
Availle wrote: March 28th, 2019, 3:18 amI'm very sorry, I didn't realize I'm holding this one back... :oops:
no worries yet, we are still waiting for TJ's 4th act ;) But thanks for the excellent corrections, it's PL ok now. :thumbs:

Sonia
No, but, see... I just didn't want Tomas to be too stressed. He's been working so hard this week. You, too, Sonia. I just thought you needed a little break. :D

Okay, okay, almost done here... Dang British accent has tripped me up. :lol:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Sooooo sorry to keep you waiting for this file. I partially lost my British accent there at the end, but I don't have time to redo it (and I don't want to keep you waiting any longer). I just hope our international audience will forgive me... :D

Here you go, Lucy, Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_lucy_4_128kb.mp3
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, TJ! No worries about the accent. I think people will be too caught up in the goings-on of the play to notice anything amiss. :P

I've been taking my time with the editing, but I'll do my best to finish by the end of the month for sure.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: April 10th, 2019, 6:37 pmSooooo sorry to keep you waiting for this file. I partially lost my British accent there at the end, but I don't have time to redo it (and I don't want to keep you waiting any longer). I just hope our international audience will forgive me... :D
the audience will forgive when they hear the many outbursts of hearty laughs here. :9: I simply had to laugh with you, couldn't help it. You had fun there, I can tell.

Excellent job again, TJ. And Lucy is PL ok.

That means we can finalize the last acts and this is a wrap :9:

Thanks !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks Tomas and Sonia!

So glad to be part of this fun production! :lol: :lol: :lol:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Missing a Harcourt line for Act 3, which was mislabeled as 'Mar' in the text: "I am obliged to you indeed, dear friend. I would be well with her, only to be well with thee still; for these ties to wives usually dissolve all ties to friends. I would be contented she should enjoy you a-nights, but I would have you to myself a-days as I have had, dear friend."

It can be uploaded in a separate file. I'd like it done soon, since I want to get Act 3 finalized.
Tomas Peter
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Chris! :D Now I can continue editing Act 3, which I hope I can upload by the week's end.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter