Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 18th, 2019, 7:14 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 9:02 pm
Well, now it is OK, so nice work! Quite enjoying this :D
Thank you for listening so promptly. It is nice to get immediate feedback. Have you read any of the other OZ books? or seen the movie made about the first book, The Wizard of Oz ?
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Do you remember when air was free? Now it's $1.70. Know why? Inflation. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 18th, 2019, 7:17 am

philchenevert wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 7:14 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 9:02 pm
Well, now it is OK, so nice work! Quite enjoying this :D
Thank you for listening so promptly. It is nice to get immediate feedback. Have you read any of the other OZ books? or seen the movie made about the first book, The Wizard of Oz ?
I try to listen quickly, for that reason and also to avoid a giant buildup on my part (but that usually happens anyways) :D. I’ve read the Wizard of Oz, and I think seen the musical and the movie. And then I’m a huge Wicked (the musical) fan. I know Wicked isn’t exactly the typical book in this class, but it still is in Oz and counts! I love the series. Have you read the others?
Campbell

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 18th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Yes. In fact I have recorded all 14 by Baum and about 5 by other authors that picked up when he died. I love 'em as a break from the more serious things I record and/or read. About Wicked, I did indeed start the book but could not get into it and just didn't finish. Haven't seen the musical either but I do listen to some of the music while I mess around on the internet. You certainly are helping out in the 1 minute test area - that is a HUGE help to us and a big help to new members of our great group. I noticed that one new person seemed to have trouble with notifications; I am going to do a video about that!!! :thumbs:

Oh, and chapter 10 is up and most UNusual. Image

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 18th, 2019, 3:45 pm

philchenevert wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Yes. In fact I have recorded all 14 by Baum and about 5 by other authors that picked up when he died. I love 'em as a break from the more serious things I record and/or read. About Wicked, I did indeed start the book but could not get into it and just didn't finish. Haven't seen the musical either but I do listen to some of the music while I mess around on the internet. You certainly are helping out in the 1 minute test area - that is a HUGE help to us and a big help to new members of our great group. I noticed that one new person seemed to have trouble with notifications; I am going to do a video about that!!! :thumbs:

Oh, and chapter 10 is up and most UNusual. Image
And that section was UNdoubtedly OK Image! I haven't read the Wicked book, just the musical, which is fantabulous! And wow, that's a lot of Oz books, had no idea there were that many! I'll have to look into them! And yes, they sound like a fun series :D. I do enjoy the one minute tests a lot, I use those as my breaks from recording! I find it fun to interact with people and help them get their settings right :D. It's funny though, I was really busy for a few days, and then came back to check and there were 15ish! Wow! But I got through it. I hope that video is helpful, I'm a little confused about what's going on with them. Hopefully they figure it out :D!
Campbell

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 19th, 2019, 3:20 pm

11-13 are OK! But these poor creatures have gotten into some trouble... what are they going to do next?!
Campbell

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 19th, 2019, 7:22 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 3:20 pm
11-13 are OK! But these poor creatures have gotten into some trouble... what are they going to do next?!
Thanks. Please continue to do the 1 minute tests for people.... that is a very nice librivoxy thing to do. I just can't do 'em right now. Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image gives you a big star!

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 19th, 2019, 8:58 pm

philchenevert wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 7:22 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Thanks. Please continue to do the 1 minute tests for people.... that is a very nice librivoxy thing to do. I just can't do 'em right now. Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image gives you a big star!
Yay! I got the approval of Ignatius! That's amazing :mrgreen:. And yes, I will still do tests. I love doing them :D
Campbell

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 19th, 2019, 9:11 pm

The Magic Window has been acting strangely lately, t ransposing files and doing wierd things. I will work on it tomorrow and have it in proper order. This has never happened before!!! :shock:

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 19th, 2019, 9:14 pm

philchenevert wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 9:11 pm
The Magic Window has been acting strangely lately, t ransposing files and doing wierd things. I will work on it tomorrow and have it in proper order. This has never happened before!!! :shock:
Strange. Hopefully it works out :D
Campbell

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Don't know if this is some of the MW trouble you mentioned, but both 14 and 15 are linked to chapter 15. I listened and it's fine. Only optional note is that the 5 ending seconds at the end have a really strange noise in them. Don't think it's necessary to remove, but if you wanted to it wouldn't hurt :D
Campbell

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 20th, 2019, 4:45 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Don't know if this is some of the MW trouble you mentioned, but both 14 and 15 are linked to chapter 15. I listened and it's fine. Only optional note is that the 5 ending seconds at the end have a really strange noise in them. Don't think it's necessary to remove, but if you wanted to it wouldn't hurt :D
The moving files seem to have settled down and chapter 14 is now in it 's proper place as well as 15 and 16. That noise at the end of five was bad and I removed it. Glad you caught it. Are we having fun yet? Image

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 20th, 2019, 7:25 pm

14-18 are OK, but I think 14 has that strange noise that you may want to remove :D. And I am having tons of fun! Our poor friends aren't though, poor Notta can never choose the right disguise to wear! Image
Campbell

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 20th, 2019, 7:37 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 7:25 pm
14-18 are OK, but I think 14 has that strange noise that you may want to remove :D. And I am having tons of fun! Our poor friends aren't though, poor Notta can never choose the right disguise to wear! Image
I think the author is trying to show that he is addicted to using disguises but that we love him anyway. Like a lot of us doing strange things that seem self desctuctive but we just can't seem to stop. but we are still loveable. 0

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 20th, 2019, 7:39 pm

philchenevert wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 7:37 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 7:25 pm
I think the author is trying to show that he is addicted to using disguises but that we love him anyway. Like a lot of us doing strange things that seem self desctuctive but we just can't seem to stop. but we are still loveable. 0
True. Plus it creates a storyline :wink:. I just feel bad for the others who are with him. Maybe he'll eventually learn!
Campbell