H.P. lovecraft?

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
SteveMann

Post by SteveMann » April 17th, 2019, 7:46 am

I have a number of works by H.P. Lovecraft written before 1923 and am wondering if there are any openings for me to read his stories? I'm a rather big fan if his and even though none of his works beyond 1923 could be read here, I can read those from before the end of 1923.

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » April 17th, 2019, 8:16 am

Hi Steve! Welcome to LibriVox! I’m glad Lovecraft brought you here and I suspect like most of us you’ll find so many other favorite authors by accident in no time, if you find you enjoy the process.

I can’t put the links to the threads for you right now because I’m on my phone but there are several projects ongoing right now specifically designed for what you’re trying to do.

Based on the category the work falls in there is the Short Story Collection, Short Ghost and Horror Collection (here’s the link for this one to get you started: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=73174 ), Short Nonfiction Collection, Short Poetry Collection, etc.! Just look in the “Readers Wanted (Short Works) thread for those titles and read the first post and record away!

Looking forward to hearing your work!
Josh Kibbey

ej400

Post by ej400 » April 17th, 2019, 8:22 am

SteveMann wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 7:46 am
I have a number of works by H.P. Lovecraft written before 1923 and am wondering if there are any openings for me to read his stories? I'm a rather big fan if his and even though none of his works beyond 1923 could be read here, I can read those from before the end of 1923.
Hello SteveMann, and welcome to librivox! If your suggesting to start another project of H.P. Lovecraft's, then you would post it in Book Suggestions. The New Projects Launch Pad, is where new projects are started. If you look at the topics above, like "want to start a solo recording", that will tell you all you need to do in order to start a project. Thank you for joining, hope you have fun! :D <smile> If you need any help, please feel free to ask. Have a nice day!
Elijah
Haworth's (43 sections open),
What DR's? (Dramatic readings). I, JayKitty76, & lymiewithpurpose are doing them:
In Progress: The Princess & the Goblin

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 17th, 2019, 8:26 am

Moved this to Book Suggestions.

All of Lovecraft's clearly-PD stories have been recorded, but that doesn't mean that you cannot do so as well. :)

Other than that, everyone else has said what I would have said, so I won't repeat it. ;)
Nonfiction: Human Radiation Experiments HERE
Insomnia Collection!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88