COMPLETE: The Dialogues of the Gods by Lucian-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Leanne! I'll PL these tomorrow. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Leanna, beautifully read as always! :9:
Maia is PL OK :thumbs:

For Selene, I have no notes on the reading itself, however, could you include the section intro/outro (as indicated in the MW)? As there is no dedicated narrator, the intros are read by the various roles. That would be:
At the beginning: "Dialogue 11 of The Dialogues of the Gods by Lucian. Translated by Howard Williams. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org. Dialogue 11: Aphrodite charges Selene with her love for Endymion, and, at the same time, laments the tyranny of her son, Eros, over herself."

At the end: End of Dialogue 11.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:05 pm Hey there Foon! I have begun editing Dialogue 6! I still have to go through and listen for volume/gaps (hopefully tomorrow), but thought I'd mention some optional PL notes for your Hera while I'm at it! These are very minor, but I know you like notes so have at them if you want :D:
0:41 – heard ‘while’, text says ‘time’
1:25 – ‘prostrate’ pronounced ‘PROS-trate’
I've uploaded a new file with these corrections, plus a few more parts!

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Well here we are, with the first dialogue ready for PL! Rapunzelina, I think I have a tendency to let the pauses between characters be too long, so I tried to shorten them a tad past my normal length. Let me know if I cut them too far, or if they're too long, or whatever :D.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesofthegods_06_lucian_128kb.mp3
6:26

Will hopefully get to some of the other stuff when I work on my mound of PLing :shock:
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Campbell!! :D

Readers needed:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have all of Helios's dialogues?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
lymiewithpurpose

I have dialogue 5 done (your part was OK Foon :hmm:)! Man, this relationship sounds tough! Props to you two for bringing it to life!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesofthegods_05_lucian_128kb.mp3
6:08

My PL backlog seems to be growing, so I'll get to more whenever I can!
Campbell
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm I have dialogue 5 done (your part was OK Foon :hmm:)! Man, this relationship sounds tough! Props to you two for bringing it to life!

Thanks Campbell! MW updated. :thumbs:
elsieselwyn wrote: April 16th, 2019, 4:31 pm Can I have all of Helios's dialogues?
Thank you Elsie, welcome aboard! I've signed you up for Helios in dialogues 10 and 24. :D

Readers needed:
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Hey - I'm working on recording my dialogues and have done a number of Apollo and Hermes. I noticed that the last dialogue is also Apollo and Hermes, and I grab Apollo on that last dialogue - 85 - as well?
Thanks
Aaron
Foon

Post by Foon »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 10:47 am Hey - I'm working on recording my dialogues and have done a number of Apollo and Hermes. I noticed that the last dialogue is also Apollo and Hermes, and I grab Apollo on that last dialogue - 85 - as well?
Thanks
Aaron
Absolutely, it's all yours! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

I began editing dialogue 16! I have a few optional pronunciation notes for you Foon. If you want to fix them that would be great, if not that's great also, and I have the dialogue ready for uploading!

0:47 – workman, here the ‘man’ should be pronounced like a ‘min’
0:52 – married sounds more like ‘marrowed’ here to me
1:35 – consult, here the s sounded more like a z to me, should be a sharper ‘s’ sound (I know this can be hard though)

Having a blast!
Campbell
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 17th, 2019, 6:49 pm I began editing dialogue 16! I have a few optional pronunciation notes for you Foon. If you want to fix them that would be great, if not that's great also, and I have the dialogue ready for uploading!

0:47 – workman, here the ‘man’ should be pronounced like a ‘min’
0:52 – married sounds more like ‘marrowed’ here to me
1:35 – consult, here the s sounded more like a z to me, should be a sharper ‘s’ sound (I know this can be hard though)

Having a blast!
Hi Campbell,
Thanks for the notes! I think I'm gonna leave them as is (since it seems you don't think they're crucial edits) -- I just had a listen, and while I totally agree with you, I do think the meaning of the words comes through without confusion.
Construction work outside is still going on, round the clock... :| so my recording time is really limited and I want to make the most of it!

Readers needed:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 15th, 2019, 7:03 am Well here we are, with the first dialogue ready for PL! Rapunzelina, I think I have a tendency to let the pauses between characters be too long, so I tried to shorten them a tad past my normal length. Let me know if I cut them too far, or if they're too long, or whatever :D.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesofthegods_06_lucian_128kb.mp3
6:26

Will hopefully get to some of the other stuff when I work on my mound of PLing :shock:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm I have dialogue 5 done (your part was OK Foon :hmm:)! Man, this relationship sounds tough! Props to you two for bringing it to life!

Dialogues 5 and 6 are PL OK. The pauses between the characters are comfortably long! Definitely not too short! :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Foon wrote: April 18th, 2019, 2:25 am Hi Campbell,
Thanks for the notes! I think I'm gonna leave them as is (since it seems you don't think they're crucial edits) -- I just had a listen, and while I totally agree with you, I do think the meaning of the words comes through without confusion.
Construction work outside is still going on, round the clock... so my recording time is really limited and I want to make the most of it!
Great! Totally not a big deal, you most definitely can still understand the words. Only mentioned it because I know you like those pronunciation notes :D. Sorry about the construction, that would be suuuuuper annoying! Hope it stops soon! Anyways, here's dialogue 16 then:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesofthegods_16_lucian_128kb.mp3
4:17
Rapunzelina wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:05 am The pauses between the characters are comfortably long! Definitely not too short!
Thanks so much! That's interesting that my ears want it to be longer. I wonder why. Well, now I know that making them a bit shorter than I like is a good thing :D. Thanks so much!
Campbell