[OK] One Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Perosu1

Post by Perosu1 » April 16th, 2019, 8:46 am

Hello!

I've recorded the 1-minute test and uploaded it here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_perosu1.mp3 (Audacity, Windows, USB Yeti)
The checker program said "passed" so I hope it's ok.

I also have another question about the actual recording. Must I remove the gulps, breathing and clicks or is that not necessary?

Thank you for the feedback!

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 16th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Hi there! Welcome! Nice job downloading Checker, it is very helpful! And it was very correct, you have passed and have the OK to begin recording :clap:!

As for your question, it really depends (you'll get used to hearing this answer soon :wink:). Breathing generally tends not to be much of a problem. As to gulps/clicks/loud gasps/breaths, you may want to. It depends on how distracting they are. Also, how you want your recording to sound. Do you want to leave them in, or go for possibly a slightly higher quality and remove them? Not saying that they make something low quality, you just may enjoy the sound without them. If they are particularly distracting, you may want to. Hope this helps, and ask if you have questions!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers