Test file

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
SteveMann

Post by SteveMann » April 16th, 2019, 4:43 pm

I've just created a test file. I'm using a laptop running Windows 10, with GoldWave as my recording software, and a USB headset mic as my microphone.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_stevemann.mp3

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 16th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Hi there, welcome to LibriVox! That was a hilarious take on the test! I loved it, you seem very funny :D. The laugh at the end was great. Only thing I would recommend is some noise reduction to take care of that hum in the background. Unfortunately I am not familiar with GoldWave so I can not give instructions, but if you get stumped, posting in the 'Need Help? Got Advice?' forum may get you some answers. Once you figure this out, please re upload and post to this thread. Then I'll take another listen :D!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

SteveMann

Post by SteveMann » April 17th, 2019, 6:30 am

I definitely can try a bit of noise reduction. The only thing that concerns me is accidentally making the recording sound too artifacty by accident.

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 17th, 2019, 6:35 am

SteveMann wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 6:30 am
I definitely can try a bit of noise reduction. The only thing that concerns me is accidentally making the recording sound too artifacty by accident.
True, that is a very valid concern. Noise reduction is tricky in that way, and it's hard to strike a balance. When playing around with your file in Audacity however, I did manage to reduce the noise while keeping your voice nice and full, so I think it is definitely possible. Let me know if you have more questions :D!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers