Looking for Feedback from our New, cooler Members

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi everyone. This is Phil The Video Guy and as you probably know I've made little videos in years past to try to explain stuff about LibriVox. But most of those were done years ago and times have changed as well as our forums, interface and other things so I know those videos may be out of date for you younger hipper people. So I'm looking for honest feedback about what you found confusing, awkward frustrating or just plain cumbersome when you joined us to make new ones! Even small things can be frustrating and can stop anyone cold when trying to record. I estimate that only about half of those who set out to join LibriVox actually make it to our forums and of those who do successfully join, about 20% give up when trying to make their 1 minute test. It ain't easy as you know since you made it.

Soooooo. this is an appeal to those of you who have successfully navigated their way to join us recently (or anyone at all really) to share with me the things you wish there had been a video about. It could be the test, editing, posting in the forums, the strain of being librivoxy all the time, or just overcoming the shock of hearing your own voice. Whatever. We want everyone to have the joy of helping in this fun task of recording books, prooflistening, making covers or whatever and anything that can make that process easier is our goal.

(PS. I have a new bathrobe now). Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Honestly, I think young people want and expect immediate feedback, even if it's just to say welcome. If the LivriVox community is too laid back about responding, I think it will lose people quickly. People like praise and feedback or encouragement. I'm not quite sure how that fits in with your fine video work, but I'd thought I'd share.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

KevinS wrote: April 16th, 2019, 3:03 pm Honestly, I think young people want and expect immediate feedback, even if it's just to say welcome. If the LivriVox community is too laid back about responding, I think it will lose people quickly. People like praise and feedback or encouragement. I'm not quite sure how that fits in with your fine video work, but I'd thought I'd share.
YES! thank you Kevin. Not just young people, but everyone wants feedback on things as fast as possible. How can we do this? Is there any specific area where you felt feedback/response would have helped you along faster or been welcome? Or areas or times when you felt ignored or brushed aside? It is possible to zero in on those areas but unless we know about 'em we literally don't have a clue. thanks for y our feedback. :D
akbourne

Post by akbourne »

As a new member, Kevin S welcomed me immediately. Thank you for the precedent!

Andrea
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hahahahha! I'm a greeter at church.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

KevinS wrote: April 16th, 2019, 3:25 pm Hahahahha! I'm a greeter at church.
Excellent! keep up the good work Kevin ... lots and lots of new people coming aboard these days that need welcoming. :thumbs: