LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 52 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Fenixwing13 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 12:59 pm Alright, I now present to you Chapter Nine, Part 3 of "Principles of Geology."

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_ch9sec3_lyell_128kb.mp3.mp3

I would be very grateful to hear any constructive criticism. I'm trying to get into voice-over, so any feedback on my performance as well as production shall be greatly appreciated! I could hear some issues whilst editing. Hopefully, I will be able to fix them in future. Thoughts?

Section 21 needs a couple of additions, then it will be perfect. Great reading! I liked how you read it almost like an old radio program, makes geology even more interesting!

At the beginning, there needs to be less than 1 second of silence, then you need to add the introduction. It is on the first page of the project thread, but I will paste it here for you.
"Chapter 9 Part 3 of Principles of Geology. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Principles of Geology, by Charles Lyell. [Chapter 9 part 3]"
Then you have the body of your recording.

At the end of your recording, you need to have the outro, which is "End of Chapter 9 part 3." After the outro, you need to include 5 seconds of silence.

Make sure, when you upload your section again, that you use the correct file name, which is principlesofgeology_021_lyell_128kb.mp3
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 83 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Linda Johnson
wildlindajohnson

Linda Johnson
IvanTheNorse

Post by IvanTheNorse »

I would be interested in reading sections 68 and 69 if they are still available. I am a new reader and this would be possibly my first recording, so if possible I would like to be entered in the catalogue as Jonathan Reed. I do not have a personal blog or website at the moment.

Thank You,
Jonathan
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you Linda!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

IvanTheNorse wrote: April 15th, 2019, 7:38 pm I would be interested in reading sections 68 and 69 if they are still available. I am a new reader and this would be possibly my first recording, so if possible I would like to be entered in the catalogue as Jonathan Reed. I do not have a personal blog or website at the moment.

Thank You,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to LibriVox! Sections 68 and 69 are yours, thank you! I see that you have posted your one minute test, great! I just ask that you wait until you get an OK before recording your sections, just so that we can help you fix anything that needs to be fixed first. This will make your life much easier.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 53 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Sections 88 and 89. They look delicious. May I?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

realisticspeakers wrote: April 18th, 2019, 2:50 pm Sections 88 and 89. They look delicious. May I?

Of course you may! Thank you!

Oh, I see! Part one ends with dung! Sounds like fun! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
wildlindajohnson

Linda Johnson
wildlindajohnson

Oh jeez, I just realized that I read right through to the end of this chapter, which encompassed Section 56. So sorry about that, I just got carried away. I will edit away the extra language since Section 56 was already submitted and PL'd ok. Please disregard the first upload of this section.
Linda Johnson
wildlindajohnson

wildlindajohnson wrote: April 19th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Oh jeez, I just realized that I read right through to the end of this chapter, which encompassed Section 56. So sorry about that, I just got carried away. I will edit away the extra language since Section 56 was already submitted and PL'd ok. Please disregard the first upload of this section.
Alright, here is the correct file for Section 55:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_055_lyell_128kb.mp3 [26:47]
Linda Johnson