[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I understand. Yes, it can be a challenge, for sure! It's not really the same as just "reading." But I'm glad that the experience was a good one. There are certainly many different kinds of works here to contribute to, so I wouldn't want to pigeonhole you into this one. Enjoy checking out all the other projects in progress!
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! MW updated.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cwhat64071 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:38 pm Good Afternoon,

I have uploaded the following file:

journaloffrancisasbury1_20_asbury_128kb.mp3

It passed the checker and came in a bit how at 91 db. I will continue to work on my volume control.

Chris
Thanks, Chris, well done! I enjoyed listening. I was very surprised by the story of the apparition of a murdered soldier, especially as Rev. Asbury didn't even make a personal comment on it, but just told the story as something that had happened, as if it was an everyday occurrence.

Only one note, here, and it's very easy. Just trim the opening silence a bit. You started in at about 0:3, and there should be at most only a second or so of silence at the beginning. Otherwise, all was good! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Hello,

I have trimmed the first part of this section down just a bit as requested and uploaded the file. It is located at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_20_asbury_128kb.mp3

I plan to work on part 18 today and tomorrow and get it uploaded tomorrow evening.

Have a great weekend!!

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both!
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Afternoon,

I am ready to upload the final piece but i am receiving an error message that the service is unavailable. I will try to login later and upload.

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The beginning silence of section 20 is still a bit long, but I'll go ahead and accept it. Just make sure in the future that you have no more than 1 second of space at the beginning before the intro begins. Looking forward to your next one!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for section 11, Brian. Nice work! I have one note for you on this one:

17:00 "Clark's Life of Origen" This name is pronounced with a soft G (j) sound. It pretty much should sound like the word "origin." This pronunciation is pretty well standardized in English, and he's very well known amongst church scholars and theologians, so I'd like his name to be readily recognized. (Also, to avoid confusion with the state of Oregan, which is what I thought of at first... Even though it didn't exist yet. :lol:)
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Hello,

I am trying to upload section 18 but I am receiving an error in the uploader. I am selecting TriciaG from the list but when I upload, I receive the following error:

undefined Error The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable.

Can you give me any suggestions?

Chris
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There's an uploader problem. We've contacted the sysadmin. Perhaps try again tomorrow. :(
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 15 PL ok. Nice work, Larry! :thumbs:
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Morning,

Sorry it has taken me a bit to try to upload again but I have been out of town. Section 18 was uploaded this morning and is 29:00 minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_18_asbury_128kb.mp3

Chris