COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Part 3, chapter 4 is edited. I struggled a little with the volume between parts on this one. My MP3Gain may have glitched on me. :?

Until a decision is made on Zossimov or more parts come in I believe I'm all caught up on editing. :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Part 3 ch. 4
19:56 Raskolnikov's line TEXT: WHY I spoke of rings AUDIO: WHEN I spoke of rings in my delirium!
13:21 Razumihin's line TEXT: So you KNEW the old women AUDIO: So you KNOW the old woman

Sonia's lines did come across as soft, though seeing as she's described as timid that may be fitting. Svidrigailov and Pulcheria were also rather soft. All this based solely on my ear as I don't have Checker installed.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Baileyy

Post by Baileyy »

Hello! I am new to this site, but I saw the PL wanted. I am happy to help PL, but don’t quite know how. Sorry, thank you!
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Piotrek81 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 12:48 pm Part 3 ch. 4
19:56 Raskolnikov's line TEXT: WHY I spoke of rings AUDIO: WHEN I spoke of rings in my delirium!
13:21 Razumihin's line TEXT: So you KNEW the old women AUDIO: So you KNOW the old woman

Sonia's lines did come across as soft, though seeing as she's described as timid that may be fitting. Svidrigailov and Pulcheria were also rather soft. All this based solely on my ear as I don't have Checker installed.
Do I need to fix Raskolnikov's line?
linny

Post by linny »

pyledriver wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 1:19 pm

If you don't mind that would be wonderful! There is very little way for me to fix them. I think there were a couple of other little pickups too. Give me a day and I'll double check and come up with a list for you. I just got my new computer so there is more set up I still need to do before I'm fully functional.
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: March 12th, 2019, 2:38 pm PM sent to Michele Eaton for the missing voice credit: Tipsy peasant
Michele doesn't have her recording equipment so she won't be able to do this. It's a minor role and she has credit for many others. Will this be acceptable to omit? If not, how shall we proceed?
linny

Post by linny »

Besides these corrections you might also consider correcting pronunciation in chapter 1.
There were two places in the Alyona's quickly-spoken lines that were unclear to me, but might be obvious for a native (EDIT: Now, that I've listened to it 2 more times it's clearer.). Should I report that too? Also, as I read the initial post about the consistency wth names: it's supposed to be Alyona, but Raskolnikov says something that to my Slavic ear sounds like "Alyonya" (11:48 ~13:50 14:24).
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

linny wrote: April 6th, 2019, 9:40 am

Besides these corrections you might also consider correcting pronunciation in chapter 1.
There were two places in the Alyona's quickly-spoken lines that were unclear to me, but might be obvious for a native (EDIT: Now, that I've listened to it 2 more times it's clearer.). Should I report that too? Also, as I read the initial post about the consistency wth names: it's supposed to be Alyona, but Raskolnikov says something that to my Slavic ear sounds like "Alyonya" (11:48 ~13:50 14:24).
Going back to the pronunciation guide, you're right, but when I created the notes that I used throughout the recordings my hillbilly ears heard that extra "y" at the end. Every mention of the character is likely flawed in the same way. So it's either go back and change every use of that name or decide that Raskolnikov has his own way of pronouncing it. He is crazy, after all. :wink: :wink:
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Hello is Nastasya still open in section 61?

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
benderca

Post by benderca »

BetsyWalker wrote: April 13th, 2019, 10:08 pm Hello is Nastasya still open in section 61?

Betsy
No, Patricia read that role. Check out the projects that have “OPEN” (instead of “FULL”) written at the top before the title. :D
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Okay - sorry and thanks. I saw "Open" in the MW. But I guess I should not have been looking in this project in the fist place. Thanks for the quick reply!

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Hi all,

I'm so sorry for another long absence, and I'm going to try to be honest with myself now about what I can and cannot take on right now:

I really, really want this project to be finished. I will finish the narrator parts, but it probably won't happen until summer (which starts in May for me).

In the meantime, I very, very much appreciate all the work you've been putting into the management I should have been doing as BC. Would one of you like to be co-BC to see this through? Is that still a thing we can do?
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
linny

Post by linny »

I'm pretty sure I've been playing the part of co-BC so we can make it official if you'd like.
linny

Post by linny »

pyledriver wrote: April 8th, 2019, 12:32 pm Going back to the pronunciation guide, you're right, but when I created the notes that I used throughout the recordings my hillbilly ears heard that extra "y" at the end. Every mention of the character is likely flawed in the same way. So it's either go back and change every use of that name or decide that Raskolnikov has his own way of pronouncing it. He is crazy, after all. :wink: :wink:
If you will at least do the line corrections that would be nice.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

linny wrote: April 16th, 2019, 8:56 am I'm pretty sure I've been playing the part of co-BC so we can make it official if you'd like.
You most certainly have been. Thank you!!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime