ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmmaHatton wrote: April 10th, 2019, 2:05 pmhere are my fixes for act 3 https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_Daphnedune_3_128kb.mp3 (sorry for not finding all of the others lines and I will be more careful with capitals, it would not let me change it.)
awww the final giggles were so cute. :9:

thank you, all in and PL ok now. You're a bit over 92 dB now, but it's ok, no clipping as far as I can hear, so all is well.
And no I did not rerecord anthing else in act two, I just happened to fix everything on your check list just in case.
ok, fine then. I see you put more space between the separate quotes and that accounted for the difference in time stamp.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd....could I make a change in my role-claim please ? I think I am much more suited to play Jimmie Birch than Gabrielle Kato, and as the role is still available, I'll switch myself to it :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sure.

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: April 13th, 2019, 11:16 amA bunch of bubbles for PL ... hopefully I didn't miss too many "all" lines ... Flo herself seems blissfully silent.
yes, these 4 beauties only seem to be speaking in chorus :lol: but I think you didn't miss any lines there. And at least for Gladys you were able to bring out a bit more individual repertoire. :thumbs: I love the accent and the sort of "older resigned" housemaid you are portraying here. Great choice for character. I wish she had a bigger role.

Thanks for the different readings on Smythe. So far the majority say "Smith", but it's good to have a choice.

All parts PL ok. Well done, Eva.

Sonia
AshleyMinger

Post by AshleyMinger »

Could I claim Herbert Fulkerson?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, thanks. Any questions?

Thanks, Todd
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Hi,
This is the first three minutes and 39 seconds of Mrs. Upjohn. Can someone please listen to this first bit and provide feedback before I keep going with Act 1? I have not done a play before.
Thanks so much,
Tracy

_Mrs. Upjohn1a_ 128kb.mp3
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Sorry,
Hopefully this will open the mp3 so you can hear what I've done so far. I ended up uploading the recording through LibriVox so I could send this link to you. I hope that's okay. :?
Tracy

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_mrsupjohn_Act1a_128kb.mp3
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I could play one of the four beauties still left. Don't mind much which one, since I'm beautiful anyway ;-)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 15th, 2019, 12:06 am I could play one of the four beauties still left. Don't mind much which one, since I'm beautiful anyway ;-)
great, I'll sign you up for the first on the list then, Sybil Dermott, thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DuckTD wrote: April 14th, 2019, 3:26 pmThis is the first three minutes and 39 seconds of Mrs. Upjohn. Can someone please listen to this first bit and provide feedback before I keep going with Act 1? I have not done a play before.
hi Tracy, and sorry for getting back to you so late (yesterday was kinda busy). I had a listen to the beginning of the file, and you are EXCELLENTLY cast as Mrs Upjohn :clap: wow I love the accent you're giving her. Also the expressiveness is wonderfully fitting. This is surely not the first time you are involved in a play 8-)

Ok, I am really looking forward to hearing the rest, so yes, feel free to continue like this. Only some technical details to change:

1) for the voice credit, please say the whole description, as in the MW: "Mrs. Upjohn, Lily Parradell’s mother, read by Tracy Duckett"

2) leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each quote, even if it's stage directions interrupting your sentence. Sometimes you leave enough space but in some places it's too short. I guess this is the raw file still so may have wanted to do this anyway, but I figured it won't hurt mentioning it

3) the file could benefit a bit from noise-cleaning before you upload the finished file. Again, I guess you wanted to do that still... Also be careful not to move the microphone while you record. I heard a few bumps in the first sentences, which may have come from fiddling around with the mic ;)

That's it, the play-acting itself is marvellous and I'm glad you signed up for this role. You will be perfect in it :thumbs:

Have fun !

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Hey all - Cranking them out this week!
Here is Sam de Castro - I have also recorded "men" and "others" when they arose in the script.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_samdecastro_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_samdecastro_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_samdecastro_3_128kb.mp3

Speaking with a lisp was harder than I thought it would be. I often had to repeat the line 3 or 4 times til I could get it right. Please let me know if any of it is too difficult to understand.

Thanks
Aaron
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Wow! Thank you so much for listening to my clip and for the amazing encouragement. I am inspired to finish the job, knowing I am on the right track. :D

I am grateful for the technical tips as well. I will be sure to attend to them.
Tracy

Ok, I am really looking forward to hearing the rest, so yes, feel free to continue like this. Only some technical details to change:

1) for the voice credit, please say the whole description, as in the MW: "Mrs. Upjohn, Lily Parradell’s mother, read by Tracy Duckett"

2) leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each quote, even if it's stage directions interrupting your sentence. Sometimes you leave enough space but in some places it's too short. I guess this is the raw file still so may have wanted to do this anyway, but I figured it won't hurt mentioning it

3) the file could benefit a bit from noise-cleaning before you upload the finished file. Again, I guess you wanted to do that still... Also be careful not to move the microphone while you record. I heard a few bumps in the first sentences, which may have come from fiddling around with the mic ;)