Complete [STORIES] Other People's Lives by Rosa Nouchette Carey-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

lubee930 wrote: March 31st, 2019, 2:48 pm Hi Lynda--

May I please claim Section 19 - Book IV: A Woman's Faith - Chapter One: A Stranger at the Hen and Chickens Part 1--? Thank you!
Absolutely! Thanks very much!

Lynda
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Lynda--

A quick note for you. Although I didn't know it when I claimed Section 19, I soon realized that it was not 4000 words. My "quickie" estimated count shows Section 19 at ~1937 words and Section 20 at ~1929 words. So Chapter 1 of Book IV is indeed ~4000 words IN TOTAL. But it appears from the MW that each section is 4000 words long. Or at least, that is what I supposed when I claimed my section. I don't know if that is the method that you followed in all of the other sections. But you might have more takers on this lovely little book if it didn't appear that the sections were quite so lengthy. Just a thought. (Others here might not interpret the MW as I did, though--but that was my impression when first claiming.)

At any rate--here is my Section 19 - A Stranger at the Hen and Chickens, Part 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/otherpeopleslives_19_carey_128kb.mp3
15:27

And may I also claim Section 20 so that I can finish up my Chapter 1--?

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

Thanks for letting me know! You know i think you are right - i counted the chapters and not the "parts". I will look at that in just a bit!

Lynda
Pinkigloo

Post by Pinkigloo »

Hello, I am a new to LibriVox narrator. May I please claim chapter 9
Book III: The Two Mothers - Chapter One: The Mistress of Kingsdene Part 1

if no chapters are claimed following the completion of this chapter then I will record them as well
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

I am just in the middle of re-assigning all the chapters as I made a mistake when setting them up with regards to the word counts. I am hopefully going to be done by the end of this weekend.

I will reserve that Chapter for you - you will see it assigned to you once I finish my optimization :)

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Pinkigloo again!

One question so that I can assign the section to you - your forum name is Pinkigloo however what do you want your public name to be? For example mine is lmnei on the forum however I use my real name Lynda for the public book credits.

I need to know that before I can assign the section to you :)

Lynda
Pinkigloo

Post by Pinkigloo »

Lmnei wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:15 pm your forum name is Pinkigloo however what do you want your public name to be?
Ah yes, my actual name is Christina, do you need a last name as well?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Pinkigloo wrote: April 12th, 2019, 7:30 pm
Lmnei wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:15 pm your forum name is Pinkigloo however what do you want your public name to be?
If that is how you want your readings/books credited then that is just fine :D

Lynda
Pinkigloo

Post by Pinkigloo »

Lmnei wrote: April 12th, 2019, 11:28 pm
Pinkigloo wrote: April 12th, 2019, 7:30 pm
If that is how you want your readings/books credited then that is just fine :D

Lynda
Thank you Lynda, my name is Christina Jones
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi again Lynda--

Here is the second part of my chapter--

Section 20 - A Stranger at the Hen and Chickens, Part 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/otherpeopleslives_20_carey_128kb.mp3
15:40

Thanks!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

lubee930 wrote: April 14th, 2019, 7:04 pm Hi again Lynda--

Here is the second part of my chapter--

Section 20 - A Stranger at the Hen and Chickens, Part 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/otherpeopleslives_20_carey_128kb.mp3
15:40

Thanks!
Thanks! I had not assigned the Section to you yet as I am in the middle of re-organizing the book per your feedback... Hopefully I will be done tonight. You might need to re-number the Sections.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi lubee930 -

So I have re-organized the Chapters now and your Section 19 and 20 are combined into one Section now - Section 10.

Do you want me to combine the two recordings for you or would you like to do it yourself? I will also need you to record the words Section 10 instead of Section 19. Then the file will need to be re-named too and uploaded. Once we do this then I will post it in the MW and it can be PL'd all at once :)

I really appreciated you telling me about the mis-count of the Chapters - now the book is more compressed and not as cut up with all the different parts!

Lynda
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Lmnei wrote: April 14th, 2019, 10:17 pm Hi lubee930 -
So I have re-organized the Chapters now and your Section 19 and 20 are combined into one Section now - Section 10.
Do you want me to combine the two recordings for you or would you like to do it yourself? I will also need you to record the words Section 10 instead of Section 19. Then the file will need to be re-named too and uploaded. Once we do this then I will post it in the MW and it can be PL'd all at once :)
I really appreciated you telling me about the mis-count of the Chapters - now the book is more compressed and not as cut up with all the different parts!
Lynda
Hi Lynda--No problem. I will combine both of the files into one single file. And I'll re-record the intro and outro so that both are correct. Then I'll upload again for you and post here in the thread. Maybe Amy can delete the previous two files that I uploaded (Sections 19 & 20) behind the scenes? I should have it fixed for you in the next day or so. Thanks! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi again Lynda--

I think that your MW looks great--you had a good plan! And the revisions didn't take me long at all. Here is the new combined section:

Section 10 - A Stranger at the Hen and Chickens
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/otherpeopleslives_10_carey_128kb.mp3
New length 30:24

Thank you, Lynda--I enjoyed recording this chapter.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lucretia -

Thanks SO MUCH for doing those changes! I really appreciate it! I have no idea where I got those enormous numbers for the MW!

Hopefully now we will attract more readers too :)

Lynda