[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 8:58 pm Thank you everyone for updating everything and uploading your sections. I see there were a few things I didn't get too, so I'll reply now:
JayKitty76 wrote: April 8th, 2019, 1:55 pm Oh yes, and while listening to Campbell's section for chapter 19, I came across a text problem:
'Better and better!' cried the queen and the prince together
This is only listed as Campbell's (the Goblin Queen's) line. I don't know how you would change that to make it both the queen/prince's line, but since it is described as both of their line, I think it should be in the recording.

:wink:
If this was supposed to be together in the text, it's alright if just Campbell reads it.
JayKitty76 wrote: April 8th, 2019, 2:17 pm Like I've noted before, Bhavya, you don't sound like you're reading at all- you sound like you're just naturally telling the story to a friend or child. :9: Lovely job, it is a joy to listen to. I have to go though, so I will listen to Narrator 7 tomorrow. Thank you! :D

(Note for Elijah/David: I'm assuming I'm supposed to be following along with the text the entire time for this project? It's subjective in say, Groups or Solos, but I just assumed that in order to make sure everything was alright, one should follow along with the text for a DR. Just checking. Don't worry- that's what I usually do no matter what, and that's what I've been doing this whole time. :wink: )
I would prefer if you follow along with the text; I think that in DR's it's kind of a must.
JayKitty76 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 11:38 am I apologize for the file dump, Elijah, but I promise these sections of Lootie are super short and will take hardly any of your time:
Don't worry about taking up my time, I need to find things to keep me from being bored while the blizzard is going on for the next three days :lol: <laughing>

Thank you everyone again! :D <smile>
OK. Yeah, I assumed it was probably a no-no to NOT follow along with the text...so that's why I have, and will continue to do so. Thanks! I hope your cats won't be out in the blizzard...that's a little rough.
Hope you're doing well. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

BTW I'll just put these in the MW as Elijah is not online at the moment. It'll save everyone time...and then I'll get to PLing. Thanks guys!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Aaron,

I think Elijah must have skipped putting in these sections so I'll do that right now. Thank you!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Shoot, just realized after completely updating/rearranging the MW, that there's a LOT of stuff ready for PL. Disclaimer: I can't get to it all today, so please- if I don't get to your section today- know it's nothing about the quality of your reading or anything. I just have a little free time today and I'm PLing by order of submission.

Thanks for understanding.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:04 pm
Hi Aaron,

I think Elijah must have skipped putting in these sections so I'll do that right now. Thank you!
Thanks Jay!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Boy, that's some fine reading!

All sections of Irene's King-Papa (10, 17, 30 and 31) have been marked PL OK. (Well, they haven't yet, but that's the immediate next thing I will do after I hit Submit. :wink: )
Congrats Aaron- that's AMAZING reading! Are you sure you aren't, or ever were a king? (I'm serious, I'm not trying to flatter- that's the thought that went through my head the entire time I listened!) Your voice suits the part like no other would have, I'm sure. Well done, and thank you for claiming this part in our DR! :clap:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:25 pm Boy, that's some fine reading!

All sections of Irene's King-Papa (10, 17, 30 and 31) have been marked PL OK. (Well, they haven't yet, but that's the immediate next thing I will do after I hit Submit. :wink: )
Congrats Aaron- that's AMAZING reading! Are you sure you aren't, or ever were a king? (I'm serious, I'm not trying to flatter- that's the thought that went through my head the entire time I listened!) Your voice suits the part like no other would have, I'm sure. Well done, and thank you for claiming this part in our DR! :clap:
Wow - hey - that's some heavy praise. I haven't been a king, but I am the father of a princess, that may have had something to do with it. Seriously, though. It was a fun part to read, though it was short.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

PL notes for chapters 14, 16 & 24 of Lootie/Nurse:

Chapter 14 can have some noise reduction. There was a little bit of screechy noises, that was slightly painful to the ears. It wasn't horrible.

Chapter 16 Noise reduction as well. Missing lines: 'How your ring does glow this morning, princess!—just like a fiery rose!' & 'I think it must have been your mother gave it you, princess; but really, for as long as you have worn it, I don't remember that ever I heard,'

Chapter 24 Can have noise reduction as well.

Good job, and thank you Rachel! :D <smile>
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 8:01 pm PL notes for chapters 14, 16 & 24 of Lootie/Nurse:

Chapter 14 can have some noise reduction. There was a little bit of screechy noises, that was slightly painful to the ears. It wasn't horrible.

Chapter 16 Noise reduction as well. Missing lines: 'How your ring does glow this morning, princess!—just like a fiery rose!' & 'I think it must have been your mother gave it you, princess; but really, for as long as you have worn it, I don't remember that ever I heard,'

Chapter 24 Can have noise reduction as well.

Good job, and thank you Rachel! :D <smile>
Thank you! I'm surprised I missed a couple lines, I must have scrolled too fast or something. (Yes, I'm far from getting PL OK on the first try yet, but that's OK because I'm not super experienced and I'm still learning :thumbs: )

Well, thanks for the feedback! I will get to it on Monday.

Apologies for this, guys, but I am SUPER busy today so after I finish checking my notifications I'm logging off and that'll be it for today. I WILL get to your sections on Monday, though. Thanks for your patience.

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:39 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:25 pm Boy, that's some fine reading!

Wow - hey - that's some heavy praise. I haven't been a king, but I am the father of a princess, that may have had something to do with it. Seriously, though. It was a fun part to read, though it was short.
Aww, that's so sweet! :9:
It did sound like a very fun part to do, though.
I'm really sorry if I sounded corny or something. What I meant is, you sound VERY kingly and your voice suits the part like nobody else's!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 4, 6 and 7 are PL OK! (I'm going to start putting my 'pl ok's in bold and colorful font, just because it's more fun for the volunteer to see, generally. This new rule goes in place...I don't know...how about now! :lol: :wink: )
Gorgeous reading, you've got a voice of gold Bhavya! :9:
Will PL more right now.

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 8 is BRILLIANT! I loved the part when Curdie accidentally feels the goblin foot. I don't know how you kept from laughing there! I still like that part, even if I have literally read this book- I don't know, 10 times since the start of this project? I'm not even joking, I've read it like 10 times from start to finish in not even 2 weeks? (Yeah, I have a lot of free time, and yeah, I'm book-crazy. :lol: )
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Narrator 8. Brilliant job, your reading is stunning and gets me every time. It's just beautiful!! I do have a couple of minor PL notes, though (mostly easy fixes):

1:23- noise, almost like something being tapped to make a note or a slightly soft computer notification
4:38- unnaturally long pause
4:48- tech cutout due to cuts in the soundwaves- but very detectable

There's a super high-pitched, soft noise in the first part of the recording (probably ends around 4 minutes) (nearly inaudible, yet my physical senses reply to it)- something that gives me a headache, sets my teeth on edge, and makes my jaw feel stiff. You know like those shows where you test your hearing by trying to see how many high-frequency Hertz (like, for example, 1200 Hertz, 1800 Hertz, etc) sounds you can listen to? And then it gets so high you can't even really hear it but you just feel it in your jaw and brain? It's like that.

Excellent reading, though, gorgeous job and can't wait to listen to the next one!

Thank you for letting me be PLer over these beautiful sections, Bhavya.

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Glad to have you PL Rachel!

and here is another huge file dump:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_11_narrator.mp3 11;19
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_12.mp3 4;27
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_10_narrator.mp3 7;38
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_14_narrator.mp3 7:47
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_15_narrator.mp3 11:11

Just to let you know, I have upto chapter 20 recorded, and I will tend to the rest soon.

Also, let me know if I need to speak clearer; my accent is not always easy to understand :lol:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Thank you Rachel!

bhavya, did you read out of order and do 10-15 instead of 9? I'm just looking around the thread looking for an upload of 9, but I don't see any.

Thank you both