COMPLETE[stories] A bunch of keys, where they were found and what they might have unlocked -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Skweeky wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 6:02 am Thank you! Skweeky is fine, and I've got no website to link.
Thank you for this (and of course also your section and next claim :thumbs: )

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13246 !
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

mjneal wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:58 am Hello,

I would like to read section 3!

Thank you,
Michael
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started!
Carolin
mjneal

Post by mjneal »

Carolin wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:57 pm
mjneal wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:58 am Hello,

I would like to read section 3!

Thank you,
Michael
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started!
Hello Carolin,

Please use "Michael J Neal" for the catalog. Just uploaded the one-minute test.

Thanks!
Michael
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13248 !

Thank you also for posting your test recording. Someone will give you feedback shortly :thumbs:
Carolin
Skweeky

Post by Skweeky »

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_13_various_128kb.mp3

24:55

I got a volume warning in checker but wasn't sure what was too high or low or the best way to fix it. Do I amplify the whole thing?
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Skweeky wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 6:01 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_13_various_128kb.mp3

24:55

I got a volume warning in checker but wasn't sure what was too high or low or the best way to fix it. Do I amplify the whole thing?

Thank you for your second contribution to Librivox, Skweeky. Another pleasant narration.

In regards to the volume warning in the checker, the volume shown is the average height of decibels obtained throughout the entire recording. With longer recordings especially, amplifying certain smaller sections will not cause a great change to the overall average. Amplifying the entire recording is the ideal method.

The targeted volume for recordings is 89 dB with an acceptable range of 86-92 dB. As your volume is 84.8, An amplification of around 4 dB would meet the targeted requirements.

Besides the volume which you have noted, I found a few minor corrections that should be made before PL OK status.

0:23, pg.220 (top paragraph): The phrase "And Mary Horton?" is referred to as "As Mary Horton?".

4:12, Pg.222 (bottom paragraph): The phrase "and it had tired him." is too rushed with the words not independent of one another.

16:22, pg.231 (second half of page): The phrase ", eager and exultant," is excluded from the narrated passage.
~ Stefan V.
Zakouraa

Post by Zakouraa »

I would like to claim sections 10 and 11, The Key of the Nursery Cupboard!

Thanks,
-Christopher
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Skweeky

Post by Skweeky »

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_13_various_128kb.mp3

24:56 now, clippy but loud!

I've been normalising it, should I not if it makes it quieter?
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Skweeky wrote: April 4th, 2019, 5:31 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_13_various_128kb.mp3

24:56 now, clippy but loud!

I've been normalising it, should I not if it makes it quieter?
Section 13 is now PL OK!

All technical specs passed with the checker and narration corrections have been made.

Normalize is a very useful tool to help match the volume throughout the entire recording. It minimizes the risk of any jarring volume changes and helps provide a smoother experience for the listener. As long as the final dB output is between 86-92, normalize is an encouraged tool to help assist in the final product.

In regards to your concern over clipping, there were visual signs in some instances where the waveform was pushed to the limit very briefly, however there was no instance of noticeable audio distortion caused by it.
~ Stefan V.
Skweeky

Post by Skweeky »

Perfect, thank you!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Hi Carolin! I see that the Bunch of Keys chapter IV is still open. May I take it?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi there,

I have been missing here for a while, and what I would like to do is 'give up' section 6. I enjoyed this, but got involved with a Solo project, and am a little behind with it due to illness, so as to not hold up this project, if someone else would like to do section 6, please do. Sorry for the hang up here, but, sometimes life happens.

Thanks for your understanding.

Wayne

:oops:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen: