COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote: April 5th, 2019, 2:07 pm Based on Leanne's findings on the roles - I was thinking of claiming Gladys anyway, so why don't I take her, and Sonia, can you or Todd assign me also one of the four beauties, doesn't matter which?
Thank you.

Todd
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_daphnedune_2_128kb.mp3
here is act two. she has quiet short lines, so I made sure that I added in all of the "Ladies" line too.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I have one act recorded! Sonia, please let me know if the bit at the end is too hard to understand.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jeyes_1_128kb.mp3
12:10
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

Is Nita still available? If so, I'd like to put the role in my queue.
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmmaHatton wrote: April 7th, 2019, 3:17 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_daphnedune_2_128kb.mp3
here is act two. she has quiet short lines, so I made sure that I added in all of the "Ladies" line too.
yes thank you for including all the ladies's lines, then Todd can pick and choose which he will merge later on.

Daphne is nicely portrayed, good job on that so far. :thumbs: only a couple of thing to note down, especially for taking care for the next acts ;)

> the volume is much too loud, over 94 dB and there is some clipping, also the background noise is very disturbing. Decreasing with -4 dB would be helpful and maybe a round of noise-cleaning. Todd will adjust volume anyway, but because of the risk of clipping it would be good to check the volume from the start.

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please always state the whole description, as you can see in the MW: "Daphne Dure, of the Pandora, read by Emma Hatton".

> at 0:55: "Wait till I’ve finished my drink, Stewie." - you say "Sweetie", which may be optional, as she may also call Stewie sweetie, not sure about her relation with him. :hmm: I think I would prefer if she called him Stewie to show who she means...

> you don't need to say "end of act 2" in the end, this is done by the narrator

thank you

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:48 pmIs Nita still available? If so, I'd like to put the role in my queue.
cool, thank you Lex ! You're in as Nita 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 7th, 2019, 6:37 pmI have one act recorded! Sonia, please let me know if the bit at the end is too hard to understand.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_jeyes_1_128kb.mp3
ooooh now this guy has a seriously short fuse :shock: his behaviour is bordering on morbid jealousy, Lily has to be careful there. I noticed you had extreme fun playing this easily enraged character, Campbell. :thumbs: very well done. Careful not to scream too loud though, or you risk some serious clipping ;)

The lisping telephone speech is easily enough to understand, no worries there. I'm not sure if Aaron will put on such a squeaky voice, but that doesn't matter, over the phone voices are distorted anyway :lol:

He's an interesting character to say the least. Excellently played and I'm looking forward to the rest. This part is PL ok already.

Thank you

Sonia
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Hello,
Might I take on the role of Mrs. Upjohn?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmmaHatton wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:05 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_daphnedune_2_128kb.mp3 here is my fixes for act 2
thank you Emma. All PL ok now. Just a question to make sure, you did not re-record it all again, did you ? Because I only did a Spot PL on the two parts that were wrong. I only ask because I notice that the time stamps are different. :hmm:

In case you ever re-record anything that is not mentioned in the PL notes, please always notify the PLers of the time stamps, so those parts get checked as well. :)
well done as well, but a few missing lines here too ;)

> at about 0:17: Daphne. (starting up) "Oh!" (looking round wildly) "Oh——!" - this second "Oh" is missing

> at about 0:25: you missed all the "Others" lines:
> Bravo, Lal!
> Bravo, Carlton! Bravo, Smythe!
> Bravo, Morrie!
> Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Oh and only a small note on file naming: always use small letters. Doesn't matter much here in drama, but careful in other projects ;)

thank you

Sonia

Question for Todd: what about this song ? (where you see the notes in the text) In the stage directions it says the dancing couples are to sing/murmur it. That would involve Rettenmayer, Enid, Castro and Gabrielle, Lily and Farncombe at this point, because they seem to be dancing. Possibly Fulkerson and Daphne as well, since they start dancing at that moment Would be easier of course if we only let Bland do this part, since he sits at the piano and the rest is conveyed by the stage directions. What do you think ?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:38 am
Question for Todd: what about this song ? (where you see the notes in the text) In the stage directions it says the dancing couples are to sing/murmur it. That would involve Rettenmayer, Enid, Castro and Gabrielle, Lily and Farncombe at this point, because they seem to be dancing. Possibly Fulkerson and Daphne as well, since they start dancing at that moment Would be easier of course if we only let Bland do this part, since he sits at the piano and the rest is conveyed by the stage directions. What do you think ?
I think Bland and the stage directions are enough.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:41 am I think Bland and the stage directions are enough.
glad you agree, that makes things easier :lol: so that's your job then, I see you are Bland ;)

Sonia
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

here are my fixes for act 3 https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_Daphnedune_3_128kb.mp3 (sorry for not finding all of the others lines and I will be more careful with capitals, it would not let me change it.)
And no I did not rerecord anthing else in act two, I just happened to fix everything on your check list just in case.